Got KitKat and need to revert

David Hunter2

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi--I bought a Nexus 7 (2013) because it didn't give me eyestrain like the iPad mini. When I upgraded to KitKat I immediately noticed the same eyestrain and slight nausea that Apple devices and computers give me. I don't know what it is but it's in the whiteness of text and white spaces. It's too "crisp". Adjusting brightness doesn't help.

I need to get back to jellybean. Any help?

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Try the XDA Developer forums. They have lots of more advanced users that could help. Maybe try an anti glare screen shield.

Posted via Android Central App

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not pathetic it happens bro people get headaches and **** from different screens and colors, just like some people get motion sickness on a boat and some people don't

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's possible it could've changed the refresh rate or something. I think a factory reset might bring you back to the original OS.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's possible it could've changed the refresh rate or something. I think a factory reset might bring you back to the original OS.

A factory reset won't help post upgrade. Unfortunately it just cleans data and reverts the current OS to a factory state. It is possible to download and install the previous version via this site: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images and using fastboot.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset won't help post upgrade. Unfortunately it just cleans data and reverts the current OS to a factory state. It is possible to download and install the previous version via this site: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images and using fastboot.

Ah ok, thanks for that. I know on some devices there's a hidden ROM that holds the factory image for full factory resets. Wasn't aware the Nexus firmwares are permanent even after a reset.

Rev.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you don't care for the thread, then just move on. Posting to complain about the thread or another user means you become the problem. I suggest that those participating here reacquaint themselves with the forum rules. Posts that violate the rules will be dealt with in accordance with the rules.

Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II