Nexus 7: Battery draining in sleep mode

Gauhar Mahmood Azeem

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Since a few days my tablet has been burning battery during it's sleep. Here is a screen shot of when I was asleep and tablet on air plane mode and you can see battery dropping from 90 to 56 percent over time without any reason. Can anyone guide me as to why this is happening and a solution?
gusajysa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jolphil

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery draining in sleep mode

Wow, that appears to be a severe drain..I can only suggest that you try going into the safe mode to shut off all non system apps..That may give you a clue.
Goodluck

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery draining in sleep mode

It'd be helpful to see the breakdown of battery use by app or service as well.

Posted via Android Central App

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled Skype and solved my mystery battery drain while the Tablet was inactive and supposedly asleep. I was on having 1 day (or less) standby and am now at 50% on day 2 (had some use). Complements to a XDA thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
More info on the skype and other applications in 4.4.2 causing high battery drain and overheating. It looks like there is bug in the camera software. Maybe this is the root cause of the crashes and reboots some people have seen when using the Nexus camera. There is a fix from Google coming. If you are not on a Nexus device, then you still may have the issue, but the fix has to come from the device's manufacturer.

KitKat giving you battery drain problems? Try uninstalling Skype, says Google as it prepares a fix | ZDNet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress