Data Files Sorted to Strange Folders. Can I Change It?

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Data entered into my Nexus 7 goes to unexpected places.

I can't figure out how to find anything in the device. I am able to see the structure by plugging it into a Windows computer and using Win Explorer.

Can I move the files around via Windows Explorer without screwing things up?

Examples of weirdness:
Audiobooks wind up in the Music folder.

Application folders seem to be interspersed with data folders. Is there any rhyme or reason to how the device set up and named folders?

There is no Audiobook folder.

A pdf of a textbook wound up someplace unexpected and incongruous. I can't even find it right now.

There are ringtones all over the place in various folders.

There is a subfolder of the Music folder named n7p_art with Moody Blues album covers in it. But where did that subfolder name come from? And I have album covers from different albums in different folders.

There is a movie and a video folder. Some educational videos went into one, some went into the other.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where certain data files or downloaded files end up just depends on the app. For example, most downloaded files will end up in the Downloads folder, but not always--sometimes, an app (like some 3rd party browsers) will have their own download folder, often a subfolder of the browser's main data folder. It's best not to start moving things around on your own, because you won't know if the app it belongs to will get confused and lose track of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87