Slow wifi compared to phone?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I am not sure if this has been posted already, if it has I apologize, but for some reason the wifi on my nexus 7 is really slow when loading things compared to my phone. When I do a speed test it shows they are getting the same speeds, and I already adjusted the router when it was getting slow speeds, but it still does not seem to help on my nexus 7. Is this a known problem with slow wifi and loading speeds or is it just my nexus 7? If so any suggestions to try and speed it up or anything that I need to check on my tablet?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes, devices can have problems connecting to a router, even when other devices connect with no problem. Try rebooting the router (by unplugging its power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging back in again).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There was a separate thread that dealt with poor Wi-Fi signal and the solution (which was basically to make sure that the back of the tablet was firmly attached) also helped some people with slow connections. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Performance of any task is a combination of the components involved. For example a file transfer's speed is determined not only Wifi speed, but how fast the source can provide bytes, show fast the app can process the bytes (checksum computation, etc), and how fast the app/tablet can write the bytes to storage. You did not say what specific feature you see as slow, but any slowness may have little to do with the Wifi performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress