Nexus 7 (2013) Android 5.0.1 bug reports here.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Please post any known or discovered bugs regarding 5.0.1 on the Nexus 7 (2013) here. This is an effort to consolidate as much information as possible into one location as opposed to individuals threads for each reported issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

skipthid

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
why does the on-screen keyboard jumps at me taking the whole screen up and making the tablet unusable, even if my bt hw keyboard is on, connected and working?

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Only had one reboot since the install of 5.0.1. When I was on KitKat, I would get reboots daily. Not sure if Lollipop fixed the rebooting issue, since the reboot issue was suppose to be hardware related. But so far no real issues or bugs that I can tell.

Excellent battery like. No issues with WiFi either. Apps works like usual. Overall, all is good!

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
(1) Wi-Fi drops out frequently. (2) Battery life not as good. (3) Keyboard takes up half the screen.
That's all I've noticed, so far!
Odd because for me Wi-Fi has been rock solid, of course it was on KitKat as well. Battery life is slightly improved and my keyboard is currently taking one third of the screen in portrait mode.

Which keyboard are you using? I have Swiftkey and the Google keyboard and they are exactly the same size. In landscape mode the keyboard has always been huge, nothing new with Lollipop.

By the way SwiftKey allows you to change the keyboard size. I like it slightly larger for my meathook hands.

Performance is greatly improved which was expected with the move to ART. I wonder if some people's problems are due to apps that are not entirely ready for the new runtime.

My only quibble is the new Smart Lock Trusted Locations feature often doesn't recognize my home location so I have to enter my pass phrase most of the time. I prefer Skiplock's method of recognizing Wi-Fi networks, but the author has said he won't update the app for Lollipop.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Takes a long time from off to the home screen. Favorite game Grave Defense HD won't run. Battery life in sleep mode decreased.

Posted via Android Central App

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Rock solid. All the bugs and problems I had with Kit Kat are now gone. Very happy with Lollipop 5.01.

How about the constant reboot issue while on KitKat? Is that gone too? So far my reboot issue is "fixed". Haven't had any since the first day of Lollipop.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How about the constant reboot issue while on KitKat? Is that gone too? So far my reboot issue is "fixed". Haven't had any since the first day of Lollipop.

I never had a spontaneous reboot on Kitkat with my N7 2013. Was this a real problem or was it related to specific devices with bad hardware? Until reading your post I had never heard of that being a problem.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I never had a spontaneous reboot on Kitkat with my N7 2013. Was this a real problem or was it related to specific devices with bad hardware? Until reading your post I had never heard of that being a problem.

Me either. No spontaneous reboot issue here with my n7 over the last year.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The n7 '13 was known to be junk. Well a decent amount of them were garbage. Plenty of users had to send them back to Asus for repairs. Conclusion was that a bunch of them had hardware issues and needed to be replaced or repaired.

My n7 was one of the bad units. It used to reboot for no reason daily. But I was too lazy to return mine for repairs. So I just kept it around and it rarely ever gets used. But since I heard about the new os being rolled out, I gladly accepted the opportunity to upgrade to 5.0.1. The reboot issue is gone (for now. Knock on wood). Works flawlessly and operates like a new device.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The only wonky thing I've noticed is the new "Settings" menu. When I first pull it down, if I touch "WiFi" (in an attempt to see available networks) it will lock up for up to 30 seconds.

Otherwise, 5.0.1 seems to be on rails! ☺

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My battery life sucks. My screen brightness is bad too. I have to have it all the way up to see the screen well. This probably why my battery sucks. But the update makes the device run smoother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress