Nexus 7 Frozen Google, Screw you ASUS!!!

Chengalang

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Updated to Lollipop 2 weeks ago and had no issues. Woke up this morning and my tablet decided to self restart and is now stuck on the Google screen, had no issues with it right before going to bed. Tried soft reboot and reboot in recovery to data/factory wipe but no luck.

Finally had to call ASUS and Google, was told that this has been a common issue with the Lollipop update but unfortunately I am "slightly out of warranty." They were kind enough to offer me free shipping but a repair cost of $250... ?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeusEx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same issue with the Lollipop update. I sent my tablet into Asus and was quoted a price of $200 for repairs, but Asus repaired my out of warranty tablet free of charge. I just received my repaired tablet in working condition yesterday.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Updated to Lollipop 2 weeks ago and had no issues. Woke up this morning and my tablet decided to self restart and is now stuck on the Google screen, had no issues with it right before going to bed. Tried soft reboot and reboot in recovery to data/factory wipe but no luck.

Finally had to call ASUS and Google, was told that this has been a common issue with the Lollipop update but unfortunately I am "slightly out of warranty." They were kind enough to offer me free shipping but a repair cost of $250... ?!

My system did that for a bit. I would reboot it and it would hang over and over. I finally realized I had to just wait for 30-45 minutes for the system to complete an update it took while I was sleeping. After I waited once the problem has not reappeared.

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Similar issue here. My Nexus 7 (2012) wifi is one of those that worked great under 5.0 after a reset. Then yesterday, out of nowhere, it shut down on me, rebooted and then after the four balls stopped twirling, I got a new, white, android screen that I have never seen before, saying simply “android” and then the tablet reboots over and over again.I had to push the start and volume down buttons just to be able to turn the tablet off. Can't even get it to reset an already wiped the cache.

I’m wondering if the tablet updated to 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 on its own. I have auto updates on wifi but I’ve have always had to something affirmative to get a system update.

Thanks in advance!

Sunil Vohra

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I am having the same issue with Nexus 7 2013 model with 32GB with LTE.
It has been sparingly used & one fine day, it just shows GOOGLE on screen & refuses to go further!
On showing it to ASUS service centre in Mumbai, India, they say that it is out of warranty & they need to replace the mother board which shall cost me approx. US$190!!!! I have taken it back from them.
I see here that many have faced such problems with this ASUS version! I don't know whether we can all get together & pursue the matter with ASUS; I had paid almost US$340 while buying it 13 months ago & it has just gone dead without even trying any updates!
Any comments / help?
Sunil Vohra , Mumbai, India
Mobile: [phone number removed by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress