Profile pic not showing up in settings

mykwinters

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My profile picture doesn't show up in the settings menu of Hangouts, Inbox, Gmail or Google Now. This is the case on both my Nexus 7 (2013) my Nexus 5. I've included a screenshot. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 18238.jpg
    18238.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 27

Ordwynac

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you go to Settings > Users and click on your user profile, it should prompt you to either edit your name or change your picture by clicking the picture circle, or in your case the little blue dude in the circle. What stumped me initially was that I was trying to change my photo using a different picture app instead of Photos and it didn't work until I used Photos to change the picture.

mykwinters

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've done that but unfortunately no luck. My profile pic shows up on some apps but not others.

Ordwynac

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried changing it through Gmail or Google+ on your computer and seeing if it'll sync up with your devices? Does the picture only show up on Google apps and not other, non-Google apps?

mykwinters

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've changed the profile pic on goggle+ on my laptop with no luck. It shows up on the Google books app and the Play Store but not Search, Hangouts, Inbox or Maps.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The way I solved this was to go into Google Contacts and the first entry there should be the ME contact. tap on it and then tap the edit icon (looks like pencil) then in the lower right corner tap on the camera icon. Then you are give the option to either take a photo or select a photo, select your photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress