Battery meter bonkers after 6.0.1.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I flashed 6.0.1 on my Nexus 7 and it runs fine but my battery meter is showing a percentage of over 4,000%. As you can see from the screenshot below I tried rebooting and doing a partition cache wipe but it is still showing over 4,000%. Also I notice that when I go into my system properties it says my battery is charging.

I have no idea how to fix this as the tablet normally is running great. I think what caused it was when I flashed it my battery was at 100% fully charged.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151207-184701.jpg
    Screenshot_20151207-184701.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 50

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Figured it out and fixed it myself Googling was useless as usual. I just re flashed the latest 6.0.1 factory image while still keeping the files and now my battery is showing 96% just went to 97% charging.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151208-003849_cr.png
    Screenshot_20151208-003849_cr.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
... battery meter is showing a percentage of over 4,000% ... fixed it myself ... I just re flashed the latest 6.0.1 factory image while still keeping the files and now my battery is showing 96% just went to 97% charging.
Interesting, yeah. I just flashed the whole MMB29K image (keeping userdata intact), then rooted as normal, using Chainfire's modified boot image. On rebooting to the system, that's when I noticed my battery meter showed nearly 4000%, like yours.
I followed your lead, and I re-flashed and un-rooted. Before I do the root, the battery meter works fine - both within Android and in Recovery mode, so I know the meter isn't bad. When I then re-rooted again, the same way, the issue returned. In my case, I think it might be because the modified boot image I'm using was made for an earlier version (MRA58K). It's all I can see might be the problem
I'm sure Chainfire will put out the new modified boot image soon enough, and it seems like the battery is actually charging and working fine, so I don't think I'm going to worry about it, see how it goes, and wait for the newer boot.img to show up.

:) :D

I just noticed an odd thing... the graph showing my battery's charge is accurate, even tho the percentage shown above the graph is wrong. hmmm

Last edited:

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Must be a bug then of course it will take weeks before any one else mentions it somewhere else. Also I did not root anything after. I just flashed the factory image but I did do it with a fully charged device.

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I seem to have solved my battery meter problem (fingers crossed). I was using an older SuperSU binary. The latest (2.61) takes care of modifying the boot image automatically, so no need to manually send it over. I just flashed stock, sent TWRP over, and used it to install the new SuperSU. I'm rooted, and everything seems to be fine, including the battery meter. :)

If anyone is going to use the latest SuperSU, please read the directions carefully. There are different install methods depending on the current state of your device. Thanks for the quick work, Chainfire!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty