Google Nexus 9 Anyone have an updated shipping date on their Amazon pre-order?

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone have an updated shipping date on their Amazon pre-order?

Updated email from Amazon.... "Won't be able to be delivered by Dec 24th....[language cleanup by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Actual email:
Hello,

We're contacting you about Order# 102-67*****-*******.[removed part of actual order number for privacy] We recently learned there's been an unexpected delay with your item(s). We won't be able to deliver your item(s) by December 24, 2014. We're very sorry this happened.

For Order# 102-67*****-******* placed on October 31, 2014:

"Google Nexus 9 Tablet (8.9-Inch, 32 GB, White)"

We'll continue to search for your item(s) and notify you when we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time.

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on December 04, 2014, if we haven't located it by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm pissed! After being told by Amazon that they were working on fulfilling my order and that I would get it today, I see this...

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 16, 2014 (Order#). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

* "Google Nexus 9 Tablet (8.9-Inch, 16 GB, White)"
* * New Delivery Estimate: November 07, 2014

We'll make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account*

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I preordered too, but after talking to them 5 days ago they said they would have the white in stock first so I switched. Huge mistake.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

They just offered me 15% off my order for the delay, which is $59.99, I think may work for me.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, I have decided after the announcement that the Nvidia Shield Tablet will be getting lollipop this month and its pretty much the samething except it has external stoage, gaming capabilities from my pc, better speakers and a stylus for $100 less PLUS Amazon is give me $40 off for the inconvenience of delaying my nexus 9 order, It comes to $260 shipped and delivery by tomorrow.

I'm, happy.

njneer

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Never received an email from amazon on an update so I chatted with them. They said "don't worry sir, you will get your tablet eventually", well duh, but If I pre-order its because I want to get it when its released not eventually. Canceled my order, checked my local BB and placed an order for pickup, went after work and done.

Seems like Amazon never received much stock and didn't tell anyone (for obvious reasons). Good Luck everyone!

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

My order still says it is arriving tomorrow, but has not shipped. Getting a bit concerned. I hope it is coming from the SF Bay Area Amazon warehouse in Tracy. That is only 30 miles from my house.

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Got an email overnight, updating my delivery date to this Friday. It's still just an estimate so I am not optimistic.

Just picked one up at Best Buy and canceled the Amazon order. I've been a Prime customer for years and this is the first time they've really failed. Never thought I'd see the day when BB beats Amazon.

Side note, this tablet is awesome and blows away my Nexus 10.

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Well, I have decided after the announcement that the Nvidia Shield Tablet will be getting lollipop this month and its pretty much the samething except it has external stoage, gaming capabilities from my pc, better speakers and a stylus for $100 less PLUS Amazon is give me $40 off for the inconvenience of delaying my nexus 9 order, It comes to $260 shipped and delivery by tomorrow.

I'm, happy.

Thanks for this man. Now if they'll delay, then at least I know that it is possible to get something out of this.

I'm starting to really like you with all the info you're providing <3

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for this man. Now if they'll delay, then at least I know that it is possible to get something out of this.

I'm starting to really like you with all the info you're providing <3

They only gave me a one month extension to my prime account.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Woke up to an email this morning saying my new delivery date is Nov. 7th. White 32gb ordered 10/17.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I still have mine expecting delivery on the 5th but no shipment. It is starting to tick me off. I had no issue getting it on wed. I do have an issue with being strung along and it seems pretty clear amazon is string everyone along.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I had my order show that I would have it Thursday. I walked in best buy today and walked out with the 16gig in black. My amazon order is now canceled. I am still unsure of the black but with a return period from best buy till January I have time to wait and see white in person. Also going to take advantage of the 100 trade they are offering.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm just going to save you all sometime and disappointment and recommend you looking elsewhere. I literally preordered the N9 within 5 mins once it went live on Amazon and i even got the 16gb White which was supposed to be the least preordered model and Amazon couldn't even fulfill my order. I would try elsewhere and you'll have better luck.

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Yep. I cancelled my order this morning after a long chat with an Amazon rep who insisted that I'd have my order by today even though it hadn't shipped yet. They know absolutely nothing and at this point I'm not trusting any dates that they're giving.

rdcamero

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Every one send a email to jeff@amazon.com.He does see them and has his staff respond.This a way the person and people at the top get to see the level of displeasure this failure has caused among their customers.

JL3111

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Bad Customer Service. Amazon now owes me for
4 days more of waiting
$14 in shipping
and about $150 in frustration not being told the truth/gaming me and for my time ordering, cancelling and reordering from Google!

Please take my money... Google, Walmart, Bestbuy and all those other shopping bots. No more for Amazon since they were gaming me, really stupid way to treat a once loyal customer.

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm just going to save you all sometime and disappointment and recommend you looking elsewhere. I literally preordered the N9 within 5 mins once it went live on Amazon and i even got the 16gb White which was supposed to be the least preordered model and Amazon couldn't even fulfill my order. I would try elsewhere and you'll have better luck.

So, did you end up getting the 15% off? If so, What did you do with it? Keep us in the loop. :) I've been considering a Shield Tablet in case there was a major delay.