Backup Nexus 9 before Update to Android 6?

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have two Nexus 9's (for my kids). They have tons of games on them.

Before upgrading to 6.0, should I do a backup? If so, what software is best to use?

Or should I just do the update and hope for the best?

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
It definitely wouldn't hurt to do a backup, as anything could happen with a software update. If the tablets have not been rooted, then I recommend the app Helium, it's free and it works really well. The only thing is if your tablet isn't rooted, then you will need to connect it to a computer in order to activate the app, but it will tell you exactly what to do during the process, so.

Titanium Backup is also a great app, but it requires the tablet to be rooted. If you haven't done anything with the tablets involving root, then use Helium.

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have helium backing up to my Dropbox. Is this the best way to backup or is a backup to internal then copy to computer better? Also, is it safe to enter db credentials in helium?

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Either way is fine. I think you need to buy the premium version if you want to restore straight from Dropbox, but you could probably get around that by just copying the folder to the tablet.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch