Best cases for Google Pixel 2

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've always liked Diztronic's TPU cases. They're not thick, they're flat (non glossy), and minimal (often hard to even find it) branding, and button feel is always great. I just checked their website, and no Pixel 2. yet. (Actually, original Pixels aren't even listed, but I know they definitely made them.)

I emailed Diztronic yesterday about the Pixel 2's. If I hear back from them I'll post their response.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Diztronic yesterday about the Pixel 2's. If I hear back from them I'll post their response.

Update:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We will indeed be making a case for the smaller Pixel 2 phone. They will be ready to go at the end of October or possibly early November. We are still unsure if we will make a case for the Pixel 2 XL. It will depend largely on the number of requests we get for it, but I will forward your request onto the owner of the company.

Regards,
Lindsay
Diztronic

email to request Pixel 2 XL case.

support@diztronic.com

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Spigen, i-Blason and Supcase are the cases I always turn to

And if you don't want to faff with screen protectors, the i-Blason and Supcase offerings usually have rugged cases that have built in protectors and they work really well IMO

But for a light case, I'd go Spigen and use with a tempered glass screen protector

I really like Supcase as well!

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

So I put in an order for a NeoHybrid as it's what I have used on my last two or three phones and have always been happy with them.

However, there are so many other choices now I am wondering if I should grab another as well to give a try, but the website doesn't offer many specifics. Anyone familiar with these products know what the thinnest Spigen case with a full lip around the front of the phone is these days?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Looks to me like the Incipio dual pro
Thanks! That's it. Bummer, though, that what I thought was a true cutout around the power and volume buttons is just a differently textured bit of the shell that cradles the phone. I hate having those buttons encased in plastic.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how some companies have their cases available so fast and others (Like Cruzerlite) I am still waiting on🤔

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So I put in an order for a NeoHybrid as it's what I have used on my last two or three phones and have always been happy with them.

However, there are so many other choices now I am wondering if I should grab another as well to give a try, but the website doesn't offer many specifics. Anyone familiar with these products know what the thinnest Spigen case with a full lip around the front of the phone is these days?

I put my last 4 phones ins Spigen cases, they are top notch.

For what you described, you would want to probably look at the Rugged armor: https://www.spigen.com/collections/google-pixel-2/products/google-pixel-2-xl-case-rugged-armor

It has the full lip and while it's not the thinnest profile you can get the added bulk is minimal. I had one on my nexus 6p, which was also already a pretty big phone, and found it to be the ideal compromise of slim design yet some drop protection.

Im leaning toward getting it for myself again with the 2XL, but im still on the fence between that case and:

this clear case:
https://www.spigen.com/products/google-pixel-2-xl-case-liquid-crystal

and the case I currently have on my 1st gen smaller pixel:
https://www.spigen.com/collections/...ixel-2-xl-case-slim-armor?variant=38227685825

^ - This case I feel would be bulky for a phone of this size but I REALLY love the kickstand setup. I use it all the time on lunch breaks and I know I would miss not having one.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

gibsonb2

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
You will not go wrong with Caseology, Speck, or Spigen. I have all of them for my Pixel XL and iPhone. I just ordered a Caseology from Amazon yesterday for the Pixel 2 XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress