10-20-2017 07:34 PM
63 123
tools
    Okay then why do images look pixilated/blurry when zoomed in? It's what I noticed with my previous Samsung S7 and S8 vs the old S6 16MP. I hated it.
    If you're using the same camera and the picture that is claiming to have less megapixels is showing you a larger area, one or both of the photos is already being artificially cropped prior to you even being presented with it.
    10-20-2017 07:13 PM
    Can't wear slim or skinny jeans. Only baggy pants like the 90's again. Slim pants will crack it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but think the new styles today are slim pants.

Attachment 271693

Attachment 271694
    I sincerely hope that you are wrong this slim pants are the style today. There's definitely a subset of the culture that wears that type of crap but I have not seen that become widespread anywhere. Also there's no indication anywhere that slim jeans are going to crack the phone. I could be wrong about this but I think most of the members of the forums are adults and therefore not in the category of people that would be wearing slim jeans. And of those that do they're probably smart enough to know not to try to bend their phone in half while wearing slim jeans.
    10-20-2017 07:15 PM
    I'm pretty sure the G6 is slightly better.. In auto mode that is.. And it made out at 13mp. When I switched from the V20 to the G6, the camera is what actually helped me.
    Focus speed still the same. They didn't add dual pixel.
    10-20-2017 07:16 PM
    I may be wrong didn't you have similar thread in Note 8 or something trying to berate people who bought that? Looks same here in Pixel. Does it really matter to you that much what people do with their money? I mean every one values different things, not only tech but in general related to lifestyle. It's generally difficult to relate why someone does something because you don't do that. Different people, different choices and lifestyle. This debate will never end and will drag on forever for every new device.
    No, I honestly just finished watching JerryRigEverything's durability test and I'm pretty much wondering the same in be regards to what he saying (plus people in YouTube comments wonder why also). Why would anyone get this for $1100 over something that offers more for less, with similar or even better quality and spec. I did expect people here to get upset that I brought it up though, but trying to find the reason.
    10-20-2017 07:18 PM
    Come now there are better things to trash Pixel 2 with, the troll here is doing a terrible job. IP67? Really?

My Submariner goes 300m deep in the ocean. Wait til your phone can do that.
    But for $1100 they couldn't do it? Better lower the price then... Smells like corporate greed.
    10-20-2017 07:19 PM
    But for $1100 they couldn't do it? Better lower the price then... Smells like corporate greed.
    No phone can do that. What are you even talking about? Which phone is it that you think can do that?
    10-20-2017 07:21 PM
    No, I honestly just finished watching JerryRigEverything's durability test and I'm pretty much wondering the same in be regards to what he saying (plus people in YouTube comments wonder why also). Why would anyone get this for $1100 over something that offers more for less, with similar or even better quality and spec. I did expect people here to get upset that I brought it up though, but trying to find the reason.
    Because there's nothing out there that offers more for less, especially to those who value what the Pixels offers far more than all the compromises they have to make in order to settle for the alternatives.
    10-20-2017 07:22 PM
    Lots of people gave you the answer but looks like you don't take them seriously though 🤷
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-20-2017 07:23 PM
    Can't take it to the beach, gotta use a ziplock bag. Why not just make it IP68? Ain't that hard, just lazy.
    You wouldn't want to take a watch rated for 50m water resistance swimming either. It doesn't matter if a phone is IP67 or IP68... Neither would be good for swimming in a pool much less a beach.

You have to bear in mind that when water resistance is rated, it's with a pretty static test. Once you start moving in water (like when you're swimming, or even just walking in water) you subject these device under different pressure loads.

IP67 and IP68 are basically just good for accidental dunking/splashing. They are water resistant... not waterproof.
    10-20-2017 07:30 PM
    I think it's simple for me. Experience of everyday use Trump's hardware is it perfect all in a mind's eye. this is the perfect phone for me great hardware and software no worries for the next three years (if I keep it that long) if the software will be updated
    Best hardware? Subjective, but V30 looks better IMO. See photo comparisons. Oh and it's missing headphone jack, quad DAC, wireless charging, IP68, military grade rating, dual cameras, premium material (vs Pixel 2 plastic), can't see how the hardware is great. Pixel 2 wins because of marketing tactics.

10-20-2017 07:30 PM
    IP67 and IP68 are basically just good for accidental dunking/splashing. They are water resistant... not waterproof.
    So it can't go anywhere near the pool. What a shame. Ziplock bag at a pool party or beach? Kinda defeats the purpose. Google has the money and power, but refused and instead pocket the extra profit.
    10-20-2017 07:32 PM
    So it can't go anywhere near the pool. What a shame. Ziplock bag at a pool party or beach? Kinda defeats the purpose. Google has the money and power, but refused and instead pocket the extra profit.
    You can't take an IP68 phone near the pool either. IP68 and IP67 are the exact same rating when it comes to the following: pools, hot tubs, rivers, oceans, seas, wading pools, bath tubs, showers, everything that's not totally still, room temperature, tap water.

Here's a sincere question. Why do you care so much about IP68 when you have no idea what it means? Do you want to know what it means?
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-20-2017 07:33 PM
    Best hardware? Subjective, but V30 looks better IMO. See photo comparisons. Oh and it's missing headphone jack, quad DAC, wireless charging, IP68, military grade rating, dual cameras, premium material (vs Pixel 2 plastic), can't see how the hardware is great. Pixel 2 wins because of marketing tactics.

You started off this post as "not to roast.." and seemed as if you wanted people's opinions on why they chose the phone. The people have explained their opinions (a.k.a subjective as you put it here) as to why they chose it to answer your questions. Now after they do that you sit here and argue to tell them how they're wrong and you're right.

To me it seems you wanted to just argue and tell others how they're wrong versus having an actual discussion as to why they may choose said phone. For that reason this will be closed. There is zero reason to have a thread for you to sit and tell others how their opinion is wrong when you asked them for it. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    10-20-2017 07:34 PM
63 123