Why did you guys buy the Pixel 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I never once in my life ever gotten my phone or PC hacked. My cloud accounts have been hacked before (TMobile, TaxSlayer, Equifax, etc) security updates would have done nothing. The cloud is much more vulnerable. Celebrities have gotten their iCloud infamously hacked. Again, nothing to do with phone itself.
Right, like I said. You don't understand or care about privacy and security. Not a big deal, just different priority choices.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't take it to the beach, gotta use a ziplock bag. Why not just make it IP68? Ain't that hard, just lazy.
Because you can't take ip68 to the beach either. Neither rating protects against waves or saltwater.

The ratings are exactly the same for all practical intents and purposes. There's no difference in any real world scenario.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Come now there are better things to trash Pixel 2 with, the troll here is doing a terrible job. IP67? Really?

My Submariner goes 300m deep in the ocean. Wait til your phone can do that.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I may be wrong didn't you have similar thread in Note 8 or something trying to berate people who bought that? Looks same here in Pixel. Does it really matter to you that much what people do with their money? I mean every one values different things, not only tech but in general related to lifestyle. It's generally difficult to relate why someone does something because you don't do that. Different people, different choices and lifestyle. This debate will never end and will drag on forever for every new device.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The megapixel thing again?

Just took this right now with my V20. Used 16MP, then changed to 12MP Try it yourself, if you even still have a smartphone that has a 16MP. It matters to me because I take landscape pictures. Again subjective to what's "better".

20171020_164011-01.jpeg

20171020_164002-01.jpeg

PhotoGrid_1508543663714.jpg

16MP = 4:3 Aspect Ratio, 4656x3492 resolution

12MP = 16:9 Aspect Ratio, 4656x2620 resolution

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
JerryRig - I don't plan to take a knife / bend / put a lighter to my phone. I think I will be fine. All my previous phones have been fine :)

Can't wear slim or skinny jeans. Only baggy pants like the 90's again. Slim pants will crack it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but think the new styles today are slim pants.

sub-buzz-25304-1495622036-4.jpg

d0abd67ca250fdb53c4f32febce12bc1--street-style-men-men-street.jpg

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just took this right now with my V20. Used 16MP, then changed to 12MP Try it yourself, if you even still have a smartphone that has a 16MP. It matters to me because I take landscape pictures. Again subjective to what's "better".

View attachment 271690

View attachment 271689

View attachment 271688

16MP = 4:3 Aspect Ratio, 4656x3492 resolution

12MP = 16:9 Aspect Ratio, 4656x2620 resolution
I'm pretty sure the G6 is slightly better.. In auto mode that is.. And it made out at 13mp. When I switched from the V20 to the G6, the camera is what actually helped me.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Whoops sorry that's not how megapixels work.

Okay then why do images look pixilated/blurry when zoomed in? It's what I noticed with my previous Samsung S7 and S8 vs the old S6 16MP. I hated it. Again, my point is "best camera" is subjective. I'd rather have dual cameras with an addition 13MP wide, or a secondary telephoto portrait lens than nothing at all.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay then why do images look pixilated/blurry when zoomed in? It's what I noticed with my previous Samsung S7 and S8 vs the old S6 16MP. I hated it.
If you're using the same camera and the picture that is claiming to have less megapixels is showing you a larger area, one or both of the photos is already being artificially cropped prior to you even being presented with it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't wear slim or skinny jeans. Only baggy pants like the 90's again. Slim pants will crack it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but think the new styles today are slim pants.

View attachment 271693

View attachment 271694
I sincerely hope that you are wrong this slim pants are the style today. There's definitely a subset of the culture that wears that type of crap but I have not seen that become widespread anywhere. Also there's no indication anywhere that slim jeans are going to crack the phone. I could be wrong about this but I think most of the members of the forums are adults and therefore not in the category of people that would be wearing slim jeans. And of those that do they're probably smart enough to know not to try to bend their phone in half while wearing slim jeans.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong didn't you have similar thread in Note 8 or something trying to berate people who bought that? Looks same here in Pixel. Does it really matter to you that much what people do with their money? I mean every one values different things, not only tech but in general related to lifestyle. It's generally difficult to relate why someone does something because you don't do that. Different people, different choices and lifestyle. This debate will never end and will drag on forever for every new device.

No, I honestly just finished watching JerryRigEverything's durability test and I'm pretty much wondering the same in be regards to what he saying (plus people in YouTube comments wonder why also). Why would anyone get this for $1100 over something that offers more for less, with similar or even better quality and spec. I did expect people here to get upset that I brought it up though, but trying to find the reason.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No, I honestly just finished watching JerryRigEverything's durability test and I'm pretty much wondering the same in be regards to what he saying (plus people in YouTube comments wonder why also). Why would anyone get this for $1100 over something that offers more for less, with similar or even better quality and spec. I did expect people here to get upset that I brought it up though, but trying to find the reason.

Because there's nothing out there that offers more for less, especially to those who value what the Pixels offers far more than all the compromises they have to make in order to settle for the alternatives.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lots of people gave you the answer but looks like you don't take them seriously though 🤷

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Can't take it to the beach, gotta use a ziplock bag. Why not just make it IP68? Ain't that hard, just lazy.

You wouldn't want to take a watch rated for 50m water resistance swimming either. It doesn't matter if a phone is IP67 or IP68... Neither would be good for swimming in a pool much less a beach.

You have to bear in mind that when water resistance is rated, it's with a pretty static test. Once you start moving in water (like when you're swimming, or even just walking in water) you subject these device under different pressure loads.

IP67 and IP68 are basically just good for accidental dunking/splashing. They are water resistant... not waterproof.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it's simple for me. Experience of everyday use Trump's hardware is it perfect all in a mind's eye. this is the perfect phone for me great hardware and software no worries for the next three years (if I keep it that long) if the software will be updated

Best hardware? Subjective, but V30 looks better IMO. See photo comparisons. Oh and it's missing headphone jack, quad DAC, wireless charging, IP68, military grade rating, dual cameras, premium material (vs Pixel 2 plastic), can't see how the hardware is great. Pixel 2 wins because of marketing tactics.

https://youtu.be/OCqBHavIuAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87