Panda is available for order again

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just went on the site..I went through the motions and it stays 5 to 6 weeks delivery time.

Wish I could switch my Verizon to unlocked but then I lose Google Mini.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
it's hit or miss....unlocked version is up again but Verizon version isnt

Wait...Why does it matter that the Verizon version is out? I thought it didn't matter which phone you ordered as they all have the same array of radios? Isn't it just that the Verizon version comes with the SIM and maybe a couple of pre-loaded Verizon apps? I'm on Verizon now but just ordered the unlocked version cause I don't like being tied to a carrier.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wait...Why does it matter that the Verizon version is out? I thought it didn't matter which phone you ordered as they all have the same array of radios? Isn't it just that the Verizon version comes with the SIM and maybe a couple of pre-loaded Verizon apps? I'm on Verizon now but just ordered the unlocked version cause I don't like being tied to a carrier.

I'm told that the Verizon version comes with a locked bootloader.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn’t make any difference except for Verizon and the locked boot loader. I ordered unlocked from google to use on Verizon.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ah. Good. That's what I thought...I don't root anymore but I don't like the idea of paying near a grand for a device to let someone ELSE decide whether I can fiddle with it or not.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
ah cbreze, you broke down and made the purchase huh?
I did indeed. My mistake was going to a Verizon store and checking it out. Really like the smaller one.
As I recall you had a lot of issues with the first pixel. Are you going to be getting a 2nd gen?

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
edit:accidental double post again ugh..
@mike.. Just noticed it's on google store now, but only 128GB. I moved to the cart though and says its out of stock. The panda is definitely in high demand.. and I think a good amount of those sell fast from scalpers.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
it's in and out....it had been doing so in the past but today it showed available to order a few times for me....I was able to put it into my cart