Pixel 2 back glass composition

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know but my back glass has scratches on the edges already, camera lens too. To be fair I work in a machine shop and the the shavings/chips get all over

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I always buy a bunch of different cases and end up taking them all off and going without. I have insurance and this time I'm gonna try not to buy a single case

DesertTwang

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
That's exactly what I did and I bitterly regretted it.

Look up this article from PC Magazine sometime: "The Great American Phone Insurance Rip-Off."

When my iPhone's screen shattered, I took it into the Verizon store and they said, "oh, no problem! You have insurance, so all you need to do is call this number and they will fix the screen for $49."

So I called the insurance (Asurion) and filed a claim. The accepted the claim and sent me an all-automated, online form on which the only option was to pay $200 deductible and get a new phone. I called back and the rep said, "Nope, you're not eligible to get your screen repaired. This is your only option."

Mind you, I could buy the exact same phone in great condition for 300 bucks on eBay.

Fuming, I went back to the Verizon store to tell them that 1) they had never told me there was a deductible on my insurance, and 2) that their promise of getting the screen fixed for 50 bucks was inaccurate. I said to him, "Between the installments to pay the phone off, the insurance payments I've made over the two years I've had the phone and the deductible, do you realize that this phone (iPhone 6 Plus) would have cost me $1,024 all in all? If someone came to you and offered you an iPhone 6 Plus for over a grand, would you consider that a fair deal?"

The rep just gave me a look of faked sympathy, said, "No, that would be a horrible deal, but there is nothing we can do for you."

Phone insurance is a scam. I will never get it again, and invest in a good case instead.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what I did and I bitterly regretted it.

Look up this article from PC Magazine sometime: "The Great American Phone Insurance Rip-Off."

When my iPhone's screen shattered, I took it into the Verizon store and they said, "oh, no problem! You have insurance, so all you need to do is call this number and they will fix the screen for $49."

So I called the insurance (Asurion) and filed a claim. The accepted the claim and sent me an all-automated, online form on which the only option was to pay $200 deductible and get a new phone. I called back and the rep said, "Nope, you're not eligible to get your screen repaired. This is your only option."

Mind you, I could buy the exact same phone in great condition for 300 bucks on eBay.

Fuming, I went back to the Verizon store to tell them that 1) they had never told me there was a deductible on my insurance, and 2) that their promise of getting the screen fixed for 50 bucks was inaccurate. I said to him, "Between the installments to pay the phone off, the insurance payments I've made over the two years I've had the phone and the deductible, do you realize that this phone (iPhone 6 Plus) would have cost me $1,024 all in all? If someone came to you and offered you an iPhone 6 Plus for over a grand, would you consider that a fair deal?"

The rep just gave me a look of faked sympathy, said, "No, that would be a horrible deal, but there is nothing we can do for you."

Phone insurance is a scam. I will never get it again, and invest in a good case instead.

Can your case prevent your phone from getting stolen or lost? Or maybe dropped in a lake?

Insurance is insurance. You pay it on your car too, some people never use it and are out tens of thousands of dollars. And I mean, if you didn't read your contract when they signed you up for it, that's on you.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
So, ImTurningViolet, are you getting you phone fixed / replaced or just living with the damage?

I started an insurance claim right after it happened and by replacement will be here tomorrow before 8 pm. And the case I ordered will be here Friday.

I seriously can't believe I used my first accidental damage claim less than a month after getting my phone. I always go caseless and the last phone I broke was an s3.
Edit- the deductible is $79 in case anyone is wondering.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I started an insurance claim right after it happened and by replacement will be here tomorrow before 8 pm. And the case I ordered will be here Friday.

I seriously can't believe I used my first accidental damage claim less than a month after getting my phone. I always go caseless and the last phone I broke was an s3.

Well, that sucks, but it's still cheaper than a new phone. What case are you putting on?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
It does suck!! I like this phone so much I would have been really bummed to keep the one I broke even though it's not that bad. Plus I'm paying a fortune for it. I want an undamaged one for as long as possible. :)
I bought the Google cloth case in cement! I don't really like cases but I thought that one was really cool looking and I had a Target gift card so I thought why not.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It does suck!! I like this phone so much I would have been really bummed to keep the one I broke even though it's not that bad. Plus I'm paying a fortune for it. I want an undamaged one for as long as possible. :)
I bought the Google cloth case in cement! I don't really like cases but I thought that one was really cool looking and I had a Target gift card so I thought why not.

Well good luck, I hope your experience with the new phone goes better! Since you say you usually go caseless, I hope the case you now have doesn't seem too bulky for you. If it does, there are dozens more to choose from. Cheers!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I put my Pixel 2 in a case as soon as I got it. I have a spare case as well. And being a case fiend or fanatic, I ordered 6 more cases on Fleabay (they were cheap). Right now I am worried that one loose stray sand particle is gonna scratch my screen since I don't have my screen protector yet, yikes!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I feel your pain....when I bought the Droid X several years ago it went with me for and accidental swim within less then a week. I had no insurance but Verizon let me add it. I paid my deductible and got a brand new phone because refurbs weren't out yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall