Is this normal or cause for concern?

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I just received my Pixel 2 today and while I do like it, the build on the back is really bugging me. Am I being nit picky if I said I was thinking of returning it because of this? I am not sure if you can tell what I see, but it looks like the glass and the aluminium don't run flush across the back panel. What say you?

pixel 2 111.jpg
pixel 2 2222.jpg

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If anything the aluminum is supposed to be a tad higher than the glass. At least that's how it is on my XL. Which I'd prefer so most of the back rests on the aluminum and not the glass.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If anything the aluminum is supposed to be a tad higher than the glass. At least that's how it is on my XL. Which I'd prefer so most of the back rests on the aluminum and not the glass.

Mine is pretty flush... The metal feels just slightly higher if you run your fingernail across the seam

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Alright, thanks fellas. Ordered another one to compare and will send this one back more than likely. I wouldn't mind if it was one spot, but it has that warp effect where it rises in and out. Can't handle that. I appreciate the responses!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Alright, thanks fellas. Ordered another one to compare and will send this one back more than likely. I wouldn't mind if it was one spot, but it has that warp effect where it rises in and out. Can't handle that. I appreciate the responses!

Couldn't tell from the pictures but yours sounds different than mine

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
It is hard to capture on picture. I think the first shot shows it best, how it has a wave like feeling, going down and up, down and up.