How are pixels 2s holding up?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately after a few days with it installed I had to uninstall it: the Android P Beta 2 (DP3) has been very stable for me, allowing me to use it as my daily driver for work, but I've encountered two major problems since installing Naptime. On one occasion, after turning the screen on, my desktop/Home screen was completely gone (no apps shown, just the wallpaper) and I couldn't access the app drawer or the Recents view. I ended up having to restart the phone. The other time I was using Google Maps to navigate and when I got close to my destination I exited from navigation and turned the screen off. When I arrived I turned the screen on and it was at the Android Beta login screen (the phone had mysteriously restarted) and I lost all the mileage that I had been tracking.
It certainly could have been any number of other factors (ex. the Verizon Push-To-Talk+ app sucks) but this is the only big change in the last few days. YMMV.
Sorry it didn't work for you.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It sounds like the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL is holding up better than the iPhone X I had for a few months. I purchased one in March and the battery was already degraded by 3% from my usage from March - June, which is highly unusual. I'm not a power user either. A battery shouldn't degrade that fast in that short of time. I can't imagine what the battery capacity would look like after a year or two. Yikes!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL is holding up better than the iPhone X I had for a few months. I purchased one in March and the battery was already degraded by 3% from my usage from March - June, which is highly unusual. I'm not a power user either. A battery shouldn't degrade that fast in that short of time. I can't imagine what the battery capacity would look like after a year or two. Yikes!
iPhone batteries are simply dreadful. I say this from experience

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow! That is too bad. :(

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Y'all missing out by not having a quality tempered glass screen protector!!

Anyway, I'd LOVE to have my Clearly White Pixel 2 butt naked but it's so damn slippery!

Also, I have one of those Spigen magnetic car holders, so I have to have a magnetic plate attached to my phone all the time. And I attach the plate to the case because I don't want to damage the phone's body.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Y'all missing out by not having a quality tempered glass screen protector!!

Anyway, I'd LOVE to have my Clearly White Pixel 2 butt naked but it's so damn slippery!

Also, I have one of those Spigen magnetic car holders, so I have to have a magnetic plate attached to my phone all the time. And I attach the plate to the case because I don't want to damage the phone's body.
I had the white Essential phone. That was a slippery phone which would slide off chairs and couches. The coating on the clearly white Pixel 2 at least provides a bit of extra grip.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the white Essential phone. That was a slippery phone which would slide off chairs and couches. The coating on the clearly white Pixel 2 at least provides a bit of extra grip.

The white Pixel 2 is really beautiful! I wish the smaller Pixel 2 came in the Panda Version!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Physically my Panda Pixel 2 XL is fine. Been in a case and has had a tempered glass screen protector from day one.
What I am most impressed with is how well the battery life has held up.
7965b142a811d4721fbc91f48eb0facd.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non