Mostly I have found no problems in 9.0 Pie except there is no longer a way of wiping / clearing cache. No cache tab in "Settings>Storage" and there is no "Wipe Cache" in Recovery mode. This is a step backwards having to go to each app individually and clear cache. I do not understand what Google's purpose was doing away with any means of wiping / clearing cache without having to go to each app one at a time. What use to take a minute or 2 is now a PITA.
    08-28-2018 04:13 AM
    Mostly I have found no problems in 9.0 Pie except there is no longer a way of wiping / clearing cache. No cache tab in "Settings>Storage" and there is no "Wipe Cache" in Recovery mode. This is a step backwards having to go to each app individually and clear cache. I do not understand what Google's purpose was doing away with any means of wiping / clearing cache without having to go to each app one at a time. What use to take a minute or 2 is now a PITA.
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/23/g...ition-android/
    Wiley_11 and hub1 like this.
    08-28-2018 07:27 AM
    This is a step backwards having to go to each app individually and clear cache.
    You can try Files Go https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.nbu.files which provides a way to clear the caches from multiple applications at one time.
    I didn't read the linked article but with the new A/B partition scheme that's used for quick updates there's no longer a Cache partition; thus nothing to clear in Recovery mode.
    kmf1 likes this.
    08-28-2018 02:24 PM
    I didn't read the linked article but with the new A/B partition scheme that's used for quick updates there's no longer a Cache partition; thus nothing to clear in Recovery mode.
    And that was already the case in Oreo.
    PAC757 likes this.
    08-28-2018 04:05 PM
    Thank you all for the replies. I never knew that this started back with Oreo.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    08-28-2018 05:00 PM