Pixel 2 xl widgets not available after Android Q update.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently updated to Android Q on my Pixel XL2. I no longer have access to any widgets. I used to be able to long press on the home screen and it would pop up an option to choose various Widgets. When I do the same now, nothing happens.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Android Q is a beta (and the FIRST beta), the page you didn't read before installing it says that some features are not available, this would be a feature not available apparently.

Here, I'll help with some of the information you skipped -
Certain functionality (including core functionality, such as your ability to place and receive calls) or applications may not work properly. You are solely responsible for any error, defect, damage or destruction due to such use, including damage to any device or loss of data.

It's very possible that widgets were not a top priority for developer preview 1 (the version that's installed) and will come with a later preview.

Beta versions of software are not intended for regular users to get the new version before others, they're intended for developers to get access to the new version to be sure their apps work properly with it before it comes out.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated to Android Q on my Pixel XL2. I no longer have access to any widgets. I used to be able to long press on the home screen and it would pop up an option to choose various Widgets. When I do the same now, nothing happens.

Widgets are there. But I'm sorry I don't have a solution to your issue. Maybe a factory reset if it's not your service device?

Screenshot_20190326-051417.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-052709.jpg

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hope you don't mind -- I moved this from the Pixel 2 forum to the Android Q forum, since it sounds more like an issue with the Q dev preview.

Stephen Luisi

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. I also have an unlocked Google Pixel 2 XL. I am running the new Android Q beta as well.

For the record let me start by saying. I read the and aggreed to warnings. I was and am completely aware that issues of this nature would or could be a possibility.

That doesn't mean the issues shouldn't be reported. I am hoping to find a solution. I believe since this issue has happened on more than one device, not only to me but to other people, perhaps it should be more widely known that this particular issue occurs when upgrading to this beta program when using this device. At least until a solution is found or implemented in the next beta update.

If anyone has any further information on this particular issue It would be most appreciated if you could think to it here.

Thank you in advance for your time. PS I created a feed back with bug report on this matter. The ID number is 129597963.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am using Lucid Launcher and I have my widgets working. But one thing that doesn't work is adding a web shortcut to the home screen. This is in both Lucid Launcher and Pixel default launcher.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It works with the Firefox Nightly, Kirstein, in Nova Launcher. (But you have to update the nightly today - the last one, from about a week ago, won't even run.) Chrome also seems to work.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
yeah I had a similar situation except my widgets were no longer on my screen they were a android guy i had to re add them as a widget. but the widgets meu still worked for me. As mentioned by others this is a beta so a lot of the stuff is not going to work as it did. However i like that i can come and find others having the same issue. Dont forget they also added a feedback app that you can send directly to google and also see issues related to bugs in the beta.

markryb

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I have the factory Pixel launcher... no issues.
like others have said... some apps don't play nice with the beta program

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa