Will you upgrade to a P4/XL?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Based on the leaked info would you upgrade from a p2xl? According to the leaked info they got rid of the notch, which I am happy about, but got rid of all the physical buttons and the rear fingerprint scanner, which I'm not happy about.

What do you guys think?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
See, I am interested in the P4XL BUT I just got a new Panda 2XL and can't really afford the upgrade to the newer phone later this year. So I am likely to keep my new P2XL and forego the P4. The battery life on my new phone is incredible, even on Android Q.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Based on the leaked info would you upgrade from a p2xl? According to the leaked info they got rid of the notch, which I am happy about, but got rid of all the physical buttons and the rear fingerprint scanner, which I'm not happy about.

What do you guys think?

I was actually going to start a post about this today. I'm wondering if people are going to hold on to their 2 XL another year? I'm not sure yet. I really would like to upgrade, but I don't like notches or hole punches so if the P4 has one I'll probably stay with my 2xl for a while. I like the OnePlus 7 pro, but I don't think anything's going to top the camera that we have on our pixels.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
If there's a second rear zoom lens I might upgrade. If not I'm happy sticking w my P2xl. The front hole punch cameras and capacitive buttons (if done well) would not be deal breakers although I'm not in love with either feature. Moving the FPS doesn't bother me at all.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
By the time I'm ready to upgrade the Pixel 5 will be coming out. So I'll either buy a 4 at price reduction or a new 5.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If there's a second rear zoom lens I might upgrade. If not I'm happy sticking w my P2xl. The front hole punch cameras and capacitive buttons (if done well) would not be deal breakers although I'm not in love with either feature. Moving the FPS doesn't bother me at all.
Most likely secondary wide cam

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'd have to completely agree with that. unless there's some decent upgrades my 3xl freaking awesome! And even with decent upgrades Its still awesome...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My wife loves loves loves the 128gb Panda I handed over to her when I got my 3 XL. I don't think she'll ever upgrade lol.

Me on the other hand, I upgrade yearly. So yes, I'll be getting Pixel 4. Life is too short not to

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
The moving of the fps really bugs me more than anything. Having it on the back just makes so much sense.

I love the camera on my P2XL so much, if they made it even slightly better I'd be fine with it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah I couldn't agree more with you. Fingerprint scanner get on the back is the only way to go... feel so natural and normal and it's fast why would you move it elsewhere?

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Yeah ... I plan on getting the P4, even though my P2 is still working great. I've always kept my phones until they died ... but this time I want to upgrade for a newer camera, that will probably be even better this time! My battery is still working great. I won't mind a hole-punch camera as long as we can keep the front facing speakers. My fingerprint scanner has hardly ever worked, so I don't care where they put it, I get along just fine with a PIN. 10 to 1 they don't get rid of the physical buttons ... that seems kind of silly ... then again, if it WORKED, it'd be kinda cool, as I use the squeeze. I hope they have a great color this year!

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah ... I plan on getting the P4, even though my P2 is still working great. I've always kept my phones until they died ... but this time I want to upgrade for a newer camera, that will probably be even better this time! My battery is still working great. I won't mind a hole-punch camera as long as we can keep the front facing speakers. My fingerprint scanner has hardly ever worked, so I don't care where they put it, I get along just fine with a PIN. 10 to 1 they don't get rid of the physical buttons ... that seems kind of silly ... then again, if it WORKED, it'd be kinda cool, as I use the squeeze. I hope they have a great color this year!

Have you put in multiple fingerprints with the same finger? I did it two or three times to make sure all angles were covered. It never fails.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's the rumor and I hope it's wrong. Every other flagship is doing triple rear cameras but for some reason Google seems to think their super res zoom is superior to optical zoom. *Sigh*

I would also prefer 3, but if we can only have one additional lens, wide angle is more popular. I would get more use out of wide over telephoto.

I don't recall Google claiming their superb res zoom being superior to optical zoom. I do recall them claiming that it was better than other digital zooms, which it seems to be. In the past if I wanted to improve my crops I had to do it manually with software. It was a tedious process and the results weren't as good. It's definitely not a replacement for optical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38