Which Screen Protector?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering which screen protector will work best. I'm thinking the cutout for the notch may actually help with some issues.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered some screen protectors a few weeks ago, and it's definitely a 2.5D screen... the sides are slightly rounded.

EDIT: I should say, the side BEZELS are slightly rounded... not the screen itself.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Also wondering what people are ordering. I was looking at this one, but the render cutout for the speaker looks a little off to me. Thoughts?
https://www.amazon.com/Tempered-Nak...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6362436

I ordered a Verizon one, as well as a 3 pack off Amazon (don't remember the name but there aren't many available for the Pixel 3 yet). After having to reapply them every few months on the Pixel 2, I wanted a few backups in case. Hope the rumors are true that the Pixel 3 has a flatter screen.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a Verizon one, as well as a 3 pack off Amazon (don't remember the name but there aren't many available for the Pixel 3 yet). After having to reapply them every few months on the Pixel 2, I wanted a few backups in case. Hope the rumors are true that the Pixel 3 has a flatter screen.

Ah yes, I like the look of that verizon one much better, just not the price ha. I think I will order this one and report back:
https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Prote...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6362454

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

I was with Verizon with the P1 and 1st P2. Very happy with the screen protectors they installed on the phones. Not sure what to get, if anything, for the P3. My 2nd P2 has gone 11 months without a screen protector. Being retired, the phone just hangs around the house most of the time.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
With it having Gorilla Glass 5, do you still need a screen protector or does GG itself good enough for normal wear?

I ran without a screen protector on my Pixel XL for 2 years now, and just finally got a scratch a few weeks ago. Not sure what caused it, but now that's it's there it bothers me haha. So I don't want to risk it anymore

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
the amfilm seems to get good reviews on the other phones it's made for. it's seems to be a pretty decent option to at least try out while protecting your phone. I like that it has a large cut out at the top rather than individual holes, that should help Italy flattered