Pixel 3 XL - Verizon Locked (Update: Blog Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Carrier lock removed

Purchased yesterday from best buy.
Read the horror stories of it being carrier locked to Verizon.

Woke up this morning to a notification saying carrier lock removed.
Immediately felt vindicated. :p

Did you put a Verizon SIM first or some other carrier first when you got the phone?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I just got the same pop up as well just a few minutes ago. I have my phone activated on Verizon so I would think as long as you have a Verizon SIM in it for 24 hours it automatically unlocks.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pixel 3 XL - Verizon Locked (Update: Blog Posting)

The Verizon version is more likely to go on sale so..... Heck you can bill credit BOGO (on bill credit) the Verizon version. You can get Best Buy and Target gift cards for buying the Verizon version.

So yeah.
Their deals never work for me. I pay cash because I don't like monthly bills & want to be able to sell or trade in phones hassle free. BOGO always involve opening another line which I cannot do since I am on legacy unlimited data plan and it is much cheaper than any current comparable plan. I get the old corporate discount. In fact any sale seems useless to me since they all involve monthly payments saving only a few dollars a month and sticking you with a phone for too long.
Yeah they do suck. That's why I paid them off and left. Only reason I went to best buy is because they had it available to buy outright for in store pickup. I'm over it though. Just gonna pick up the XZ3 this weekend. Thanks everyone for your feedback
What is an XZ3?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Yes I'm on Verizon so I started out with a Verizon sim. But it was only over night not 24 hours. I just got the phone about 2 pm central time yesterday .

I am with T-Mobile and was hoping to go out and get it today from Best Buy. I am just frustrated that this year its locked to Verizon unless you put a Verizon SIM and then wait for it to be unlocked. So its stil PITA.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I am with T-Mobile and was hoping to go out and get it today from Best Buy. I am just frustrated that this year its locked to Verizon unless you put a Verizon SIM and then wait for it to be unlocked. So its stil PITA.

Why not just order one through Google?

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

Their deals never work for me. I pay cash because I don't like monthly bills & want to be able to sell or trade in phones hassle free. BOGO always involve opening another line which I cannot do since I am on legacy unlimited data plan and it is much cheaper than any current comparable plan. I get the old corporate discount. In fact any sale seems useless to me since they all involve monthly payments saving only a few dollars a month and sticking you with a phone for too long.

What is an XZ3?
Sony's Flagship

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

https://shar.es/a1ED2v

Pixel 3 devices purchased through Verizon or Best Buy will have to be activated on the carrier before they're unlocked.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy won't sell unlocked Pixels? Google needs lots of mall stores like Apple and Microsoft

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

I woke up today to a notification on my phone saying "your device is now unlocked and can be used on any carrier" seems to just be a timing thing.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Carrier lock removed?

Got my XL128 about halfway setup the way I like it last night. Turned it off for the night and charged. This morning I received a system notification that "carrier lock removed." I just dismissed it. Anyone know what that's about? I got my phone from Verizon. Does it have anything to do with some of the stories I've seen about Verizon purchased phones being Sim locked for a certain number of hours?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Carrier lock removed?

Got my XL128 about halfway setup the way I like it last night. Turned it off for the night and charged. This morning I received a system notification that "carrier lock removed." I just dismissed it. Anyone know what that's about? I got my phone from Verizon. Does it have anything to do with some of the stories I've seen about Verizon purchased phones being Sim locked for a certain number of hours?

Verizon models were locked for 24 hours after purchase to "prevent fraud" (or so Verizon says). Since it has passed that mark it has unlocked.

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

So the "automatically overnight" response from Verizon was the correct one. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo