Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why Color Profile are you using?

Quite honestly I hadn't paid a lot of attention to color accuracy since getting the 3 XL and had simply left it at the default. I've now changed to Natural because it is the choice if you want color accuracy.

These links are well worth reading...

https://9to5google.com/2018/10/15/pixel-3-xl-display-test-in-depth-displaymate/

Pixel 3 XL OLED Display Technology Shoot-Out

I read it , surprised that the 2xl is brighter with the nits , my 3xl I can see without issues in sun not my 2xl

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I read it , surprised that the 2xl is brighter with the nits , my 3xl I can see without issues in sun not my 2xl

If you remember the section in DisplayMate, "High Screen Brightness and Performance in High Ambient Light", they say that to be usable in high ambient light a display needs a dual combination of high Screen Brightness and low Screen Reflectance – the Pixel 3 XL has both. This is extremely important for screen readability, picture quality, and color accuracy in ambient light. The Pixel 3 XL Screen Reflectance was the lowest ever measured at 4.3 percent. The lower the reflectance, the better the performance.

They are saying that the combination of brightness and reflectance is why the 3 XL is very readable in bright light even though the total nits of brightness isn't as high as some.

DisplayMate is the authority when it comes to display analysis. And you can sure see the depth they go to in that article. Our 3 XL display is no slouch and ranks in the 3 best phone screens they've ever tested! :cool:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

If you remember the section in DisplayMate, "High Screen Brightness and Performance in High Ambient Light", they say that to be usable in high ambient light a display needs a dual combination of high Screen Brightness and low Screen Reflectance – the Pixel 3 XL has both. This is extremely important for screen readability, picture quality, and color accuracy in ambient light. The Pixel 3 XL Screen Reflectance was the lowest ever measured at 4.3 percent. The lower the reflectance, the better the performance.

They are saying that the combination of brightness and reflectance is why the 3 XL is very readable in bright light even though the total nits of brightness isn't as high as some.

DisplayMate is the authority when it comes to display analysis. And you can sure see the depth they go to in that article. Our 3 XL display is no slouch and ranks in the 3 best phone screens they've ever tested! :cool:

I agree ,forgot that little detail

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys are making me want to try natural for a bit. I agree it is better for editing pictures, but I prefer the pop throughout the OS. I'm not sure how much difference I will notice once acclimated to natural.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You guys are making me want to try natural for a bit. I agree it is better for editing pictures, but I prefer the pop throughout the OS. I'm not sure how much difference I will notice once acclimated to natural.

Give it a try if you don't like just switch back

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I always like it natural