Will my Pixel 3 XL wireless charge slower with a case?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm thinking like how my Samsung fast wireless charger can charge pretty much any other phones with wireless charging .

But the difference is that the Samsung wireless charger is just that. It's a wireless charger. The Pixel Stand is a smart wireless charger that requires a phone that knows how to communicate with it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But the difference is that the Samsung wireless charger is just that. It's a wireless charger. The Pixel Stand is a smart wireless charger that requires a phone that knows how to communicate with it.

I know , just want make sure that if I put my Samsung device it would charge fast , not just 1 device charger for the other features I know only the pixel will work

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I know , just want make sure that if I put my Samsung device it would charge fast , not just 1 device charger for the other features I know only the pixel will work

It's my understanding that the Pixel Stand will work with Samsung phones, it just won't "fast charge" with them. Apparently the Pixel Stand uses a different fast charging technology that mates with the Pixel Phone and not other phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's my understanding that the Pixel Stand will work with Samsung phones, it just won't "fast charge" with them. Apparently the Pixel Stand uses a different fast charging technology that mates with the Pixel Phone and not other phones.

Thanks
Still going order it

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that since I have had the Pixel Stand I haven't used the wired charger even once. I know the Pixel Stand is slower than the wired charger, but it doesn't seem to be that much slower. And the convenience of just putting the phone on the stand while working on my PC and having it at just the right viewing angle just works. My Pixel says its at 100% without seeming slow at all. I'm always topped up with a full charge and ready to go. And to have it do everything my Google Home Mini does is absolute frosting on the cake. It's always ready when on the stand, just like my Google Mini is. I'd get the Pixel Stand again in a heartbeat!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can tell you that since I have had the Pixel Stand I haven't used the wired charger even once. I know the Pixel Stand is slower than the wired charger, but it doesn't seem to be that much slower. And the convenience of just putting the phone on the stand while working on my PC and having it at just the right viewing angle just works. My Pixel says its at 100% without seeming slow at all. I'm always topped up with a full charge and ready to go. And to have it do everything my Google Home Mini does is absolute frosting on the cake. It's always ready when on the stand, just like my Google Mini is. I'd get the Pixel Stand again in a heartbeat!

I agree the convenience of wireless charging, another thing if you buy another wireless charger keep in the car is Handy also just lay it down and done . I've seen people do it not the car mount just the regular wireless stand .

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel charger uses the standard Qi technology, and it works up to 10W. The phone to be charged needs to support 10W charging, otherwise, it will cut down the power and charge slower.
The only difference with the Pixel charger is that it has a micro-chip built in which communicates with the pixel device via Bluetooth? in order to pair and activate all the 'other stuff' like google assistant, sunrise alarm, etc. It stores the settings in memory on the charger itself, and not on the phone. So for example, if you have more than one stand, you could have the sunrise alarm turned on on one and off on the other, etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Pixel charger uses the standard Qi technology, and it works up to 10W. The phone to be charged needs to support 10W charging, otherwise, it will cut down the power and charge slower.
The only difference with the Pixel charger is that it has a micro-chip built in which communicates with the pixel device via Bluetooth? in order to pair and activate all the 'other stuff' like google assistant, sunrise alarm, etc. It stores the settings in memory on the charger itself, and not on the phone. So for example, if you have more than one stand, you could have the sunrise alarm turned on on one and off on the other, etc.

Good to know thanks.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess Pixel Stand may not use bluetooth chip after all. It looks like it has been baked in into the same wireless charge signal transmission that enables these certain features with the pixel phones.
Based on what I read.....

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an off-brand wireless charger, one of or the highest rated non-google wireless charger stand and I'm fully charged in the morning after putting it on the stand about 11ish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87