lg40 screen vs pixel 3xl

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Don't know if you guys have these two phones, Mustang I'm sure you do🤣 but the Pixel 3xl is no comparison to lg40 which is way better. Now when I mean way better, I mean that with my units the contrast and text on the lg40 is way more prominent than the muted pixel 3xl. Almost to point where I feel like my 3xl is defective, but I don't have another pixel 3xl to judge it by. Do you guys see the muted text I'm seeing, maybe if you have a Samsung device can you compare, that way I know that maybe I should return my 3xl for another unit. Thanks!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Too contrasty text, not contrasty enough, all a matter of preference. I like it the way it is.

If you'd like a little bit more on your 3 XL, you could try turning on "High contrast text" under Accessibility settings.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if you guys have these two phones, Mustang I'm sure you do🤣 but the Pixel 3xl is no comparison to lg40 which is way better. Now when I mean way better, I mean that with my units the contrast and text on the lg40 is way more prominent than the muted pixel 3xl. Almost to point where I feel like my 3xl is defective, but I don't have another pixel 3xl to judge it by. Do you guys see the muted text I'm seeing, maybe if you have a Samsung device can you compare, that way I know that maybe I should return my 3xl for another unit. Thanks!

Google defaults to shades of Gray instead of true black, because it will likely extend the life of the display. Nothing wrong with the display itself, just software choices.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

If your referring to me lol I dont own any lg phones never did. Would like to give them a try in future but nothing now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I cant compare with lg phone but the pixel 3xl display is one of the best displays on the market especially against my note 9 , s9+,iPhone x

Edit: I never liked LG screens

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
thank you guys I appreciate it, I got the pixel 3 and it's noticably better then the 3xl so I spoke with Google and they want the 3xl back to replace it, probably just a bum display. I figured something was up because the pixel displays are some of the best in the business.