squeeze assistant

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
it seems as though they March update has fixed the issue of my phone lagging so badly. However the assistant does not listen to me after being squeezed for about 3 seconds. 10 steps forward 20 steps back.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
it seems as though they March update has fixed the issue of my phone lagging so badly. However the assistant does not listen to me after being squeezed for about 3 seconds. 10 steps forward 20 steps back.

Just tested it....not seeing that. I assume you tried safe mode.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just tested it....not seeing that. I assume you tried safe mode.
I did... Ever since the March update... Basically taking some voice/sound to activate it listening to me... Or about 2-3 seconds of waiting. Very strange. Squeeze assistant I use every day multiple times daily. usually I'll do something like squeeze it and then say set a timer for 25 minutes. It will pick up 25 or minutes missing the initial part of the conversation. Previously Google Assistant you could squeeze and speak immediately and it would retroactively share everything you said from the squeeze. Now I have to wait.. or speak again

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome.. thanks Google. Fixed one issue created another. WTF. I cancel my pre-order of the S10 plus because the camera will not compare to the pixel based on the reviews I've read already. It's just annoying that every update brings another issue.

Amazing phone... Effed with each update. glad you guys are not having the issue. I guess I'll do a factory reset because that's the only resolution here.

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Awesome.. thanks Google. Fixed one issue created another. WTF. I cancel my pre-order of the S10 plus because the camera will not compare to the pixel based on the reviews I've read already. It's just annoying that every update brings another issue.

Amazing phone... Effed with each update. glad you guys are not having the issue. I guess I'll do a factory reset because that's the only resolution here.
Let me ask a silly question. When was the last time you restarted your device?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't understand it, just like I don't understand the S10 fingerprint sensor issues. Some people are having no trouble and other people can't get it to work.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand it, just like I don't understand the S10 fingerprint sensor issues. Some people are having no trouble and other people can't get it to work.
Weird. Just glad I've saved my money. the photos from the pixel are absolutely stunning. I am all about the photography. I could care less about the other crap on the phone. I just want it to work when I request it...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I wonder if your having a temporary problem connecting to the server. I have seen weird behavior sometimes with the google assistant not the squeeze in particular.

how about if you say OK Google or invoke the microphone manually is there still a delay?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that a case could prevent SQUEESE from functioning? I'm reluctant to remove my case to test it. Thanks

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that a case could prevent SQUEESE from functioning? I'm reluctant to remove my case to test it. Thanks
It's much beyond that. The squeeze activates on screen. It's just delayed in where it listens to me. Previously regardless of data connectivity it'd listen... Maybe it wouldn't respond for a few seconds while it connected to data...... But it would capture my full request.

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I can't find the sensitivity setting that does that. Where is it ?
Gestures under System in Settings
05925896139b0141c2b270caf18b40ff.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I can't find the sensitivity setting that does that. Where is it ?

You can also search your settings for squeeze or other keyword in your settings and it will take you there.

A lot of settings are set up that way so that you can search them in case you can't find them.

Attachments

• 41624.jpg
    41624.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty