Floating Favorites

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
When you get the Phone app and then Favorites, the Favorites (similar to speed dial) keep moving around based on recent conversations/communications. On my original Pixel, you could fix them/make them stationary so the most important ones are in certain positions no matter who you've been talking to. I long press and move them around, but new people keep popping up near the top.

How do I get it back so the Faves are people **I** want rather the people Google thinks I want? Pixel 3, Android 9 with March update. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
In the contact app, click on the person and then select the star in the top right corner.
The OP is not asking how to mark someone as a Favorite; the question is how to keep the favorites in the same order (apparently particularly in the Phone app) because Google seems to shuffle them around based on who you have called recently, or frequently, etc.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to that question but I'd also be interested in an answer.

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
True, GSDer! Thanks for re-stating my problem. Funny that this doesn't bother anyone else. My old (original) Pixel didn't do this and when you long-pressed and moved them, it locked them in place. Pretty strange (and annoying). Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My old (original) Pixel didn't do this and when you long-pressed and moved them, it locked them in place.
FWIW I went ahead and moved my Favorites around in a specific order in the Phone app and I'll keep an eye on what transpires. I don't make a lot of calls, though, so it may take awhile to notice anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress