Custom style for pixel 3

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting ... I can't say that I've given that much thought to it. I'm thinking if I did, I'd probably have more accessories/cases around. Phones in particular have always just been about getting the right mobile companion for my user case/work flow.

So let me ask you an additional question of two, if I may ... 1) Why'd you buy a Pixel ? and 2) How'd did you personalize it and why that way?
Yes, I don't know if it's just me, or my generation, but a phone hasn't just been just a means of communications for me. It has also been a way to customize and stylize it to my liking. An extension of my personality as you put.

Okay awesome questions... 1. find previously owned of Verizon Galaxy s8 but I've also owned in the past Nexus 6P and a Nexus 6. The reason I had to buy a Galaxy s8 was because my Nexus 6P had fried out from the inevitable boot loop issues. With that being said, I've always been a stock pure Google fanboy for myself! Why? You have an unadulterated operating system, no gimmicks at all, industry leading camera hardware/software. all of court Google applications and services work beautifully/flawlessly/famously with the phone. now, I am not saying or suggesting that Samsung Galaxy phones are bad whatsoever. Obviously they're also very good phones. Samsung markets them nicely, and they sell a ton! I'm also a geek as you can tell so, for me, having a niche/ nerd type of phone I love!

2. The ways I've always found in my smartphone life to customize my phone, have always been custom cases or just a DBrand skin. Now, I've had bright orange carbon fiber skin on my older Nexus 6P. I also have a pet peeve where I hate thick cases. I'm not in the line of work that requires me to be tough on my phones. actually, I'm in computer networking so I am not rough on my electronics at all! With that being said I hate the both and thickness of cases unless it's absolutely necessary in your life. do I necessarily need the combination of the brand skin plus my Peel case? Probably not, that might just be my obsessing over it hahaha I probably won't buy a D brand skin so quickly if at all. Just wanted to know everyone's opinion of what they use on their phones.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Eric002: "Yes, I don't know if it's just me, or my generation, but a phone hasn't just been just a means of communications for me. It has also been a way to customize and stylize it to my liking. An extension of my personality as you put."

I understand what you're saying but, like sports, I don't get it. I saw a friend of mine standing holding pizza at his car in a parking lot and pulled over. "What's up?" "I locked my keys in the car." "Don't you carry a spare key in your wallet?" "Yes, but my wallet is in the car, too." "Why isn't it in your pants pocket?" "It ruins the line of my slacks."

Oh, right, I forgot that part. On my phone case, color is only important as far as it prevents the phone from disappearing when I set it down. First consideration is convenience and second is protection to the phone.

My personality stands distinct from any of my "things". People hate me, or not, for what I am and what I do and not for how pretty my stuff it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Eric002: "Yes, I don't know if it's just me, or my generation, but a phone hasn't just been just a means of communications for me. It has also been a way to customize and stylize it to my liking. An extension of my personality as you put."

I understand what you're saying but, like sports, I don't get it. I saw a friend of mine standing holding pizza at his car in a parking lot and pulled over. "What's up?" "I locked my keys in the car." "Don't you carry a spare key in your wallet?" "Yes, but my wallet is in the car, too." "Why isn't it in your pants pocket?" "It ruins the line of my slacks."

Oh, right, I forgot that part. On my phone case, color is only important as far as it prevents the phone from disappearing when I set it down. First consideration is convenience and second is protection to the phone.

My personality stands distinct from any of my "things". People hate me, or not, for what I am and what I do and not for how pretty my stuff it.
Well, I suppose, the only thing that I can say is to each their own. Haha

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I guess you've been able to avoid the gold diggers, the more pretty stuff you have the more they like you ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38