Swipe malfunctioning

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Since the Feb update, the swipe left doesn't remove notifications constantly and swipe right does not always move to the next photo. Is anyone else having the same problem? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you only talking about notifications in the notification panel and photos in the Google Photos app? Do you have a screen protector on? Already tried a reboot?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me . Yes to the 1st 2 questions. No to screen protector and I rebooted. It's not all the time. Some notifications swipe OK. I'll try to get a pattern of this behavior.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me . Yes to the 1st 2 questions. No to screen protector and I rebooted. It's not all the time. Some notifications swipe OK. I'll try to get a pattern of this behavior.
Some you might not be able swipe away until you interact with it .

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
After my last post, I've been working on this problem. I found that that there is no consistency. Most of the time the swipe left works OK. A few times the swipe opened the notification. My swipe uses same speed and pressure. This only started after the February updates. I haven installed any new equipment. I guess IL just have to live with it. It's annoying but not critical.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Photo swipe can't move before the first picture in the album, or past the last one, otherwise, it should work. (It does in Gallery in the P2 with the February update.)

2. Notifications can be sent (at the choice of the developer of the app that's sending them) as swipe left to remove or no remove. That's the "consistency". The same notification sent by the same app should always wok the same way. (Different notifications sent by the same app can act differently.)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
1. Photo swipe can't move before the first picture in the album, or past the last one, otherwise, it should work. (It does in Gallery in the P2 with the February update.)

2. Notifications can be sent (at the choice of the developer of the app that's sending them) as swipe left to remove or no remove. That's the "consistency". The same notification sent by the same app should always wok the same way. (Different notifications sent by the same app can act differently.)

Thanks for your reply .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the weather's cold where you live, and things are really dry, that can affect the conductivity of your skin. Does it respond better if you use a capacitative stylus?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If the weather's cold where you live, and things are really dry, that can affect the conductivity of your skin. Does it respond better if you use a capacitative stylus?

I don't have a stylus but I think you are on the right track . If I use more pressure, sometimes it works. Thanks. Just a quick additional note to let you know that I found that if you press hard when swiping, it works.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa