Does the Pixel line launch too late each year?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I would say yes it launches too late if it is not going to take advantage of that time to best all of the phones released earlier. Can't come to the table late and be outdated by time your released and expect to gain market shares.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I would say yes it launches too late if it is not going to take advantage of that time to best all of the phones released earlier. Can't come to the table late and be outdated by time your released and expect to gain market shares.

The Pixel line launching late with less flashy features, somewhat unimpressive hardware and outdated designs doesn’t help.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The Pixel line launching late with less flashy features, somewhat unimpressive hardware and outdated designs doesn’t help.
Phones are released pretty much year round so the idea that Oct is late is bogus. I bought the Note 10+ not because it came earlier and an October release didn't influence me not to buy the Pixel. Yeah, some buy based on time intervals but seriously, if you want something, you wait, or you don't.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say too late. This is the normal Pixel launch time.. at least to me. Anywhere in October is where I expect.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I definitely agree not late .
I mean you die hard pixel lover it doesn't matter what other phones launch , I'm looking for pixel launch in October ,now you have others that go between Android phones and most know the launch date of each manufacturer so they probably wait until end of the year see what it brings . Then you have people just looking for a phone don't matter which phone launch what date. It's not like it has to sell all it's phones on launch date , it's year round sales until their next launch .

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
naw, as long as they launch in time for the holiday season. as long as they are released around the same time every year, there should be no problems with their fans.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
No, after thinking about it a little more I don't think it's too late. I think it may give them more time to optimize the chip for what they want to do. Putting out brand new isn't always the best option just because it's new.