Screen doesn't wake up for notifications

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
When I get a text message or any other notification, I only hear the notification sound but the screen doesn't light up. When I double tap on the screen, I see that it is there. I mean I have all the settings on, like Wake Screen for Notifications and all that, but it just won't work. I mean is that supposed to be that way?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it work in Safe Mode? If so, then something you installed might be interfering.

Also, do you have any power saving modes turned on?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
It most certainly will.
0c9588960d4ecd1e2d96f0430429341f.jpg
38b28e1cb239b86b5b98183d55f1f557.jpg

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
impossible,
1 i had many phones of different brands over the years, and when I say many, I mean a lot. None of them did that. Not a single one of them.
2 "Delayed notifications" doesn't mean "the screen won't wake up" and I get a notification without any delay, it comes in right away (only the sound and the notification itself) just the screen doesn't light up
3 and we're not talking about Extreme Battery Saver

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
impossible,
1 i had many phones of different brands over the years, and when I say many, I mean a lot. None of them did that. Not a single one of them.
2 "Delayed notifications" doesn't mean "the screen won't wake up" and I get a notification without any delay, it comes in right away (only the sound and the notification itself) just the screen doesn't light up
3 and we're not talking about Extreme Battery Saver

Yes I've own many and have many phones also but Andriod versions change and permissions

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Did this issue get resolved, OP? When I turn on Battery Saver on my Pixel 5, my screen won't light up either. The OS will do everything possible to limit screen wake-ups and even incremental battery use.

Are you using a third-party SMS app? That could also be the culprit, especially if you haven't set that app as your default SMS app.

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
Did this issue get resolved, OP? When I turn on Battery Saver on my Pixel 5, my screen won't light up either. The OS will do everything possible to limit screen wake-ups and even incremental battery use.

Are you using a third-party SMS app? That could also be the culprit, especially if you haven't set that app as your default SMS app.

no, I'm using the default SMS app. Haven't had a chance to see if it lights up with no Battery Saver on. I will report back once I find the time to test it out.