Pixel curved screen and tempered glass problem

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have one. It's too small and there's a halo effect all round day where the edges don't fit properly. Look at the reviews on the Zagg website - there are a lot of unhappy customers. I emailed them and they replied that it's made too small deliberately because of the curved screen. Still using it as I can't find anything better but not ideal at all.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been through about a handful of different TGSPs and they've all had issues with halos to varying degrees. Picked up a Spigen Full Cover last week and I think this is the one that finally hits the spot. There's coverage past the viewable area, yet works with cases and with no unsightly halos.

It does a few tricks in order to avoid haloing that does affect the Pixel slightly. None of these bother me, but it may others. It use an opaque border, so on a black Pixel it'll change the colour of the face from grey to black. It also has no adhesive on the portion that is directly on the viewable part of the display. When typing, this causes a distinct tapping sound from the glass protector slapping down on the glass display underneath. It's not loud, and most people won't even notice it.

58596ce3e485832664c2731263971bf2.jpg

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been through about a handful of different TGSPs and they've all had issues with halos to varying degrees. Picked up a Spigen Full Cover last week and I think this is the one that finally hits the spot. There's coverage past the viewable area, yet works with cases and with no unsightly halos.

It does a few tricks in order to avoid haloing that does affect the Pixel slightly. None of these bother me, but it may others. It use an opaque border, so on a black Pixel it'll change the colour of the face from grey to black. It also has no adhesive on the portion that is directly on the viewable part of the display. When typing, this causes a distinct tapping sound from the glass protector slapping down on the glass display underneath. It's not loud, and most people won't even notice it.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170204/58596ce3e485832664c2731263971bf2.jpg
Is there a visible dot matrix on the protector? If you don't know what I am referring to I attached pic below.

bb84f93b76057331199a27a16177ed6a.jpg

BigBlump

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
So.... I've used the spigen Glasstr screen protector with the colored borders that went edge to edge. I'll post a link. It was nice and did cover everything. My biggest complaint was there was only adhesive on the colored edges. This created an almost floating screen above the actual amoled unit. I felt like this created a touch sensitivity issue. Maybe I was being really picky about it.... But, I did buy this phone to have the best. This one also didn't have the dot matrix. Which I liked. It also just BARELY covered up a small edge of the visual screen on each side. Didn't really care until I put a new one on and realized how much of a difference that made. I replaced it after it cracked on the bottom. All in all... A good protector, with legit edge to edge protection but with a few issues. I would recommend it for someone looking for that full protection you just might have to sacrifice in some minor ways.

Spigen Google Pixel XL Screen Protector Tempered Glass / Full Coverage / 9H Hardness / Case Friendly for Google Pixel - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N63XLQ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5733659

I then decided I was going to just get the zagg and suck it up and spend the money as I wanted better sensitivity and a full display. I was in Walmart at midnight randomly the other day and noticed they had a $10 TGSP for the pixel xl. I pulled it out the box to size it up first. Seemed to be okay. Figured I'd give it a whirl before dropping $50 on essentially the same thing from Zagg. I tried to research on the spot but finding any info on this specific brand of screen protector was a big fat negative. Couldn't even find it on Walmarts website. So no link... Sorry folks. But it did say DURAGLASS on the box and RIGHTWRIGHT was the actual manufacturer I believe. Got it home and being a dummy I installed it "very carefully" while exhausted and under multiple lights in different directions in my kitchen. Needless to to say I had to peel up and re-apply about 3 times. HOWEVER.... Even after that it stuck very well. It did cover visual screen edge to visual screen edge with small gaps on top and bottom. As do all these protectors apparently. I also got a very small halo effect on the side edges but not top and bottom. I believe this was my fault because I had to redo it twice. Anyways.... My point is the cheap Walmart protector for $10 seems to be working fine. I can deal with the small halo as I can't even notice it with screen on and it fits well with my cases. Apparently as pixel owners we all just have to deal with the never ending saga of "which TGSP is best for us" it could be worse though.... We could have edge displays and from what I've seen with my wife's S7 it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a well fitting TGSP. So I won't complain and will just offer my opinion. That's my two cents if it's worth even that. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully we can find something "perfect" in the future. HA!!! But hey... Here's looking forward to the pixel 2 or 3 which will of course be "perfect" because Google will definitely take all our concerns to heart. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod