need a good glass protector

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So I just applied a glass screen protector that I bought off Amazon (picture attached below ) and it doesn't cover close to the edges of the phone at all and has left numerous bubbles in the center areas of the screen that I can not push to the edges to try and get rid of..it looks bad and doesn't cover as close the the edges as I would like ... Can anyone recommend a good glass protector that I can pick up ..I really don't wanna scratch my display .thanks !

Attachments

• 90312.jpg
    90312.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 94

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Plesson glass protector from Amazon as well. Same story. Doesn't go to the edges and there is a halo. No bubbles or anything in the middle though.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Verizon glass protector online - it didn't cover the entire screen - slight exposed area on the sides - very slight, but there.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
There's already a couple threads on this I accessories. Seems Google screwed up and didn't take into account the screen protector crowd.

The pixel screen is curved at the edges so a flat piece of glass are not going to be able to bend down and attach. You see these getting slammed in reviews with "halo effect".

There appears to be other tempered class protectors that only cover the flat portion of the screen, you will see those getting slammed in reviews for not covering the whole visible screen.

Personally I love the feel of glass but I'm going to try bestskinsever.com as those are, supposedly, able to bend around curves.

Right now tempered glass protection and pixel do not mix well.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info maxburn - new phone present issues in all sorts of areas - ordering - shipping - accessories

ETA - never realized the screen was not perfectly flat -placing a straight edge on it proves it has a very slight curve - now I know.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just applied a glass screen protector that I bought off Amazon (picture attached below ) and it doesn't cover close to the edges of the phone at all and has left numerous bubbles in the center areas of the screen that I can not push to the edges to try and get rid of..it looks bad and doesn't cover as close the the edges as I would like ... Can anyone recommend a good glass protector that I can pick up ..I really don't wanna scratch my display .thanks !

Why are people still stuck in the dark ages with screen protectors, when Liquid Armor is the future of screen protection with these devices. You don't need another bulky screen on top of your device. I've used this product for at least two years and it's about as good as sliced bread! LOL!

https://m.staples.com/Liquid-Armour/product_1673608

I'm not a salesperson, nor do I get a cut or commission. I'm just tryna help y'all raise your game... Haha!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I tend to use film. Have had little luck with glass over the years.

That said, I just sprung for the tempered glass and film available via this promo...

XtremeGuard Site-Wide Sale on 2+ items: Screen/Full Body Protectors - Slickdeals.net

Although I have owned this brand in the past, and it was good, I have no idea how good these Pixel products are.
Still, getting glass and film protectors for under $3 seems like a no-brainer to try.

I have no affiliation with this company, btw.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Why are people still stuck in the dark ages with screen protectors, when Liquid Armor is the future of screen protection with these devices. You don't need another bulky screen on top of your device. I've used this product for at least two years and it's about as good as sliced bread! LOL!

https://m.staples.com/Liquid-Armour/product_1673608

I'm not a salesperson, nor do I get a cut or commission. I'm just tryna help y'all raise your game... Haha!

I have heard that LA doesn't work so well. You feel differently? I have never used it. I have gone naked screen for over four years now but with the wife and how she treats her phone that decision is not plausible. I need a screen cover for her and the "plastic" ones pretty much suck the fun out of the phone (at least for me).

Tempered glass is awesome but in the quest to make phones a work of art curves cause issues in the screen protection department. You either get "halos" because of edge differentiation or "not enough coverage" from covers that want to make sure they stick and lay flat.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This is the inherent problem with 2.5D glass. These rounded edges make it seem impossible to get decent coverage. I had the same problem on my droid turbo and finally just accepted the sight halo and lifting at the edges.

I figured the better brands would help with this as the droid turbo didn't get a lot of support from third party solutions. Maybe they haven't figured it out yet? But I need one very soon... Just picked up mine yesterday

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that LA doesn't work so well. You feel differently? I have never used it. I have gone naked screen for over four years now but with the wife and how she treats her phone that decision is not plausible. I need a screen cover for her and the "plastic" ones pretty much suck the fun out of the phone (at least for me).

Tempered glass is awesome but in the quest to make phones a work of art curves cause issues in the screen protection department. You either get "halos" because of edge differentiation or "not enough coverage" from covers that want to make sure they stick and lay flat.

I'm thinking you heard wrong!

https://youtu.be/sp_l7Q9rJ4Y

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

It keeps your device from getting all of those hairline scratches and as you can see from the video in my previous comment, the protection is pretty amazing. The only issue is it only lasts a year then you have to do it again. IMHO, that's perfect for someone like me who intends to sell and upgrade each year.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
It keeps your device from getting all of those hairline scratches and as you can see from the video in my previous comment, the protection is pretty amazing. The only issue is it only lasts a year then you have to do it again. IMHO, that's perfect for someone like me who intends to sell and upgrade each year.

I am good with that. And validation is always a good thing.

jackwish

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
why would you put another layer of glass on top of your screen, which is already protected with a glass layer on top of it? Do you guys all use the tempered glass screen protector?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
why would you put another layer of glass on top of your screen, which is already protected with a glass layer on top of it? Do you guys all use the tempered glass screen protector?

The tempered glass protectors will A) keep your screen from getting scratched which helps resale value and 2) they are usually more scratch resistant than the phone screen. It does sound goofy, putting glass on top of glass, but you also don't lose the feel when you use tempered glass v plastic screen protectors.

jackwish

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
The tempered glass protectors will A) keep your screen from getting scratched which helps resale value and 2) they are usually more scratch resistant than the phone screen. It does sound goofy, putting glass on top of glass, but you also don't lose the feel when you use tempered glass v plastic screen protectors.

But I think it is much easier to crack, right?

Ptaswath

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Tempered glass will protect the phones screen...! The crack will be only effected on the tempered glass nd screen will be safe

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
In the past three years I've cracked one tempered glass protector, scratched up two of them, ruined two plastic screen protectors with impact damage and replaced three plastic protectors because of scratches.

Meanwhile every single phone I've had in that time ended its service with a perfect screen maintaining a high resale value. I'm not sure but I believe if I hadn't been using protection I likely would have needed at least one screen replacement and none of them would have been perfect at the end.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've weighed-in on this before in other threads.

First, we all have our own use cases, so tempered glass is a wonderful product for many users.

For me, I am particular about the aesthetic qualities of my phone, so for instance I don't tend to put elegantly-designed phones in cases so large they look like mini shoe boxes. Rather, I go for minimal cases that allow me to enjoy the excellent design of my phone.

Same for screen protectors. I find tempered glass protectors to typically be eye-sores. I can usually see a tempered glass protector on someones phone from 6 feet away. They typically look like what they are: a plate of glass on top of a plate of glass, but with exposed edges that are clearly defined, often with a white/hazy color. Often, since glass doesn't do well going around edges, these glass protectors don't cover the entire screen, further standing out. IMO, these edges are visually distracting, shouting "Hey, I have a smaller plate of glass on top of my plate of glass". :) In short, I think they look horrible.

Film protectors are obviously less protective, and don't provide a perfectly glass-like surface. But, they always protect my screens 100% from scratches, they can feel like a lot like glass, they can cover 100% of the screen edge-to-edge, and just as importantly, they can be almost invisible - even right up close. Honestly, I just don't understand the tempered glass craze of the past few years.

All that said, I just bought two brands of film, and one brand of glass - just to try glass yet again. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress