11-08-2016 09:36 AM
107 123 ...
tools
    Halo effect is unacceptable for a phone that price, got the iPhone 7 Plus.. Much happier.
    10-31-2016 08:43 PM
    Google already said they are working on a software update….
    10-31-2016 08:50 PM
    Glad you found what you wanted
    10-31-2016 08:52 PM
    Glad you found what you wanted
    Agree.

Might I suggest checking out our sister site - www.imore.com for iPhone news and forums! .
    10-31-2016 08:54 PM
    Halo effect is unacceptable for a phone that price, got the iPhone 7 Plus.. Much happier.
    Nice post - to the point without a lot of nonsense negativity - enjoy the i7+
    10-31-2016 08:56 PM
    Google already said they are working on a software update….
    The fix is just for HDR shots, also a software fix for a hardware issue will be very tough.
    Bartone and 1213 1213 like this.
    10-31-2016 09:04 PM
    What I really wanted was to keep my Note 7, it was the best phone I ever had but I had to send it back and get a replacement because of the recall and then THAT got recalled. The Google Pixel XL seemed like the next best new thing but the halo/ lenses flare issue was too real and in my face. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a phone with that big of a blunder, especially when the "fix" would only apply to hdr+ mode (which does not help the flare in videos, and not all pictures look better in hdr+ mode). The iPhone 7 Plus isn't revolutionary or anything but it gets the job done and is worth the money in my opinion.
    10-31-2016 09:12 PM
    What I really wanted was to keep my Note 7, it was the best phone I ever had but I had to send it back and get a replacement because of the recall and then THAT got recalled. The Google Pixel XL seemed like the next best new thing but the halo/ lenses flare issue was too real and in my face. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a phone with that big of a blunder, especially when the "fix" would only apply to hdr+ mode (which does not help the flare in videos, and not all pictures look better in hdr+ mode). The iPhone 7 Plus isn't revolutionary or anything but it gets the job done and is worth the money in my opinion.
    I'm with you on that. All I want is a Note 7, all these other options don't do squat for me.
    11-01-2016 12:06 AM
    I defected to the iPhone but the a different reason. Got the iPhone 7. I thought that this would be the test that I wouldn't buy the new iPhone. Wrong.
    11-01-2016 06:27 AM
    The fix is just for HDR shots, also a software fix for a hardware issue will be very tough.
    Software fixes hardware issues far more often than you realize.
    11-01-2016 08:59 AM
    Software fixes hardware issues far more often than you realize.
    Not even sure it is a hardware issue – it’s not apparent on all devices, which means their current algorithms to reduce it are either working on some devices or it’s not hardware. It’s true that all lenses have flare of some sort and it makes sense that they’d use their HDR+ functionality to “erase” the flare, because of the way that HDR works.
    11-01-2016 09:04 AM
    I am not sure what the flare is or how to replicate it, but I just looked at my photos and they look great!
    JoshDunc likes this.
    11-01-2016 09:18 AM
    I can't live ITunes, or I too would have gotten an Iphone.
    11-01-2016 10:26 AM
    Not even sure it is a hardware issue – it’s not apparent on all devices, which means their current algorithms to reduce it are either working on some devices or it’s not hardware. It’s true that all lenses have flare of some sort and it makes sense that they’d use their HDR+ functionality to “erase” the flare, because of the way that HDR works.
    They said it was a hardware issue. They also said they would fix it with software. If it doesn't affect every single phone then what does that say about the quality control of the hardware itself?

That would imply that some devices would have vastly different photo capabilities than others.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-2016 10:31 AM
    Glad you happy, enjoy your phone.
    11-01-2016 01:03 PM
    Same here, I don't see it on my 150+ photos, but now I'm paranoid.
    11-01-2016 01:23 PM
    I returned my moto 360 SmartWatch. There's a non sequitur for you
    EnigmaticPsychotic likes this.
    11-01-2016 01:28 PM
    no one knows for sure its a hardware issue. thanks for coming in to conculsion
    11-01-2016 01:43 PM
    no one knows for sure its a hardware issue. thanks for coming in to conculsion
    Lens flare is literally a hardware problem. "Problem" in that every lens will do it. It just seems that the Pixel is more prone to it than other lens designs.
    movielover76 likes this.
    11-01-2016 03:44 PM
    I can't live ITunes, or I too would have gotten an Iphone.
    I'm using an iPhone 7 plus after being a power user on android for the past 8 years with MULTIPLE flagship handsets per year.... I haven't used iTunes once, nor has my iPhone touched a computer. There's no need anymore.
    Shanicenicolle and rinconmike like this.
    11-02-2016 07:05 AM
    I'm using an iPhone 7 plus after being a power user on android for the past 8 years with MULTIPLE flagship handsets per year.... I haven't used iTunes once, nor has my iPhone touched a computer. There's no need anymore.
    Power use? How about even basic use. Go load a bunch of media files that aren't natively supported by iOS. Now try viewing those files on your iDevice using 2 different apps. That's just one example of a stupidly fundamental activity that any PC or Mac, or Android could easily do but iOS can't even though it's on your device plain as day. There's a good number of simple basic computing tasks where iOS really doesn't live up to the "it just works" motto. Don't get me started on file sharing.
    Hell even blackberry and windows phones were able to do this
    11-02-2016 08:13 AM
    I'm sorry to hear you will now be getting quality like this from your camera:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/ima...03666443103062

Also the iPhone 7 is not at all immune to flare, I have seen it many times already (Sister in Law has an iPhone 7 Plus). It is a property of the lens when presented with an extreme lighting situation (every phone and camera lens does it).

As long as you're happy with your choice
    11-02-2016 11:51 AM
    I'm sorry to hear you will now be getting quality like this from your camera:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/ima...03666443103062

Also the iPhone 7 is not at all immune to flare, I have seen it many times already (Sister in Law has an iPhone 7 Plus). It is a property of the lens when presented with an extreme lighting situation (every phone and camera lens does it).

As long as you're happy with your choice
    You could have just said, "Bye Felicity."
    EMGSM likes this.
    11-02-2016 12:48 PM
    Power use? How about even basic use. Go load a bunch of media files that aren't natively supported by iOS. Now try viewing those files on your iDevice using 2 different apps. That's just one example of a stupidly fundamental activity that any PC or Mac, or Android could easily do but iOS can't even though it's on your device plain as day. There's a good number of simple basic computing tasks where iOS really doesn't live up to the "it just works" motto. Don't get me started on file sharing.
    Hell even blackberry and windows phones were able to do this
    I'm an Android lifer currently using a iPhone 7+ and i'm not having any issues doing anything you described.
    11-02-2016 01:00 PM
    I'm an Android lifer currently using a iPhone 7+ and i'm not having any issues doing anything you described.
    If that's the case then please by all that's holy educate me how. For example if you have a movie file on your computer that's not in an iOS native format, such as .mkv. When you load that movie from your computer through iTunes you have to choose a 3rd party app like VLC on your device screen in iTunes. Then unplug your iPhone and there you see it when you launch VLC.

So what happens when I launch another movie app, say Infuse? Nothing, you don't even see that movie on any other app except VLC.
    11-02-2016 01:40 PM
107 123 ...