Google Assistant error message

BHCoker

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

In the last day or so, (not really sure when it started) the Google Assistant on my Pixel XL has stopped working correctly. When I say, "Ok Google...call (whoever)", OR "...remind me...(whatever)" I get a message: The Google Assistant needs Activity controls that your device administrator has limited on this account. Check with your administrator or switch accounts and try again".

Has anyone dealt with this? This came after the last Pixel update...

I have searched, and played around with the phone and I have hit wall with this.

Thanks!!

BHCoker

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
I saw that... I don't use G suite (tried loggin in and said I didn't have a cloud account)... it was working great and suddenly stopped working.

Luke Walrath

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Having the exact setup issue!

Hello all,

In the last day or so, (not really sure when it started) the Google Assistant on my Pixel XL has stopped working correctly. When I say, "Ok Google...call (whoever)", OR "...remind me...(whatever)" I get a message: The Google Assistant needs Activity controls that your device administrator has limited on this account. Check with your administrator or switch accounts and try again".

Has anyone dealt with this? This came after the last Pixel update...

I have searched, and played around with the phone and I have hit wall with this.

Thanks!!

W Arnquist

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting this error off and on, and can't figure out how to fix it. I have 3 Google accounts associated with my device: my personal account which should have no restrictions, an educational account which does not allow Google Assistant, and a work account which I can't get a clear answer on, however it seems to work with a good majority of Google apps.

The odd thing is, I can confirm I have only selected my personal account for use with Google Assistant, yet it still sometimes throws up this error at seemingly random times. For example, right now I am at work and it's working, but last night at home it didn't work. It seems like it works half the time and I haven't figured out a definitive pattern yet.

Any ideas?

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got a Google update and started getting errors saying I needed to give assistant access to the internet and something else. I don't remember the second one. The access was always granted but still the error Everytime I asked it something. I uninstalled the last update and all was good again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch