Pixel xl signal x2

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So I am lucky enough to have gotten my second pixel xl 128 in black. I have had signal issues from go with the first one. Dropped calls, someone not hearing the other. Lots of signal checking.

Now that I have the second one and have yet to send it back, I am giving it a comparison check.

So I am not even done getting it set like I like, but I now have signal check lite open checking side by side. So first thing I notice is the old phone shows 1x RTT, Lte and wifi. The new one has Lte 700 and wifi. So first question is why? Now I am thinking maybe it's global vs CDMA but not sure. I will try and take screen shots.

On a side note the glass on the back is slightly more flush on the new one.

I will continue to report signal comparisons.Screenshot_20161214-211304.jpg
IMG_20161214_211337.jpg

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It has been 2 days with my Google XL. I have had no issues at all. Strong signal and no dropped calls. I have been on the phone a lot today and been to other towns around me. Even in the Town of Cary where I always got weak signals with my GNote 7. I did not have any drop any calls and had about the same signal strength as the Note. I am really enjoying this phone so far. What really hooked me is for an single speaker this thing has Great sound with my music and No issues with Bluetooth on my headphones or in my Acura MDX. No complaints after 48 hrs.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe it has to do with the poorer signal on the first phone. When the signal on the preferred network (LTE) is bad, it will look for a better signal, even if it's on a less desirable network (1xRTT). I live in a bad signal area, and I've seen that same thing before. But now that the new device has better reception, it doesn't need to shop for a better signal.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe it has to do with the poorer signal on the first phone. When the signal on the preferred network (LTE) is bad, it will look for a better signal, even if it's on a less desirable network (1xRTT). I live in a bad signal area, and I've seen that same thing before. But now that the new device has better reception, it doesn't need to shop for a better signal.

Matty032 (scary squirrel) is correct. If i disable advanced calling it reverts.

So far the numbers on this phone are better. Haven't made or received calls yet, but the numbers look good.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Matty032 (scary squirrel) is correct. If i disable advanced calling it reverts.

So far the numbers on this phone are better. Haven't made or received calls yet, but the numbers look good.
How many dBm better are you getting with the new phone?

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
This is not scientific but for example I rarely see it above or below -110. So I see -106 not -116. I see more -80-90 instead of -95 to -100. Also in limited use, so far no dropped calls or can you hear me's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya