Back to S7

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My Samsung washing machine had the recall, but they'll send someone to fix it for free
Yes, I had mine fixed by a tech already, BUT they are saying the fix the techs are making did not fix the issue. Instead they put a disclaimer with the service receipt saying the lid can still explode if used on a certain setting. Not safe at all, especially with kids

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I had mine fixed by a tech already, BUT they are saying the fix the techs are making did not fix the issue. Instead they put a disclaimer with the service receipt saying the lid can still explode if used on a certain setting. Not safe at all, especially with kids
Right ours was using the wrong setting for bedding and waterproof stuff.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I'm starting to really not like the Samsung brand. I have a Samsung washer that was recalled and fixed, but just 5 minutes ago heard on the news that the fix may not work and the lid of the washer can still explode. Wait didn't another Samsung product explode??? People are suing Samsung like crazy with these dangerous washers in our homes now. Making me think to start being anti Samsung for all of this crap.

I want to quit Samsung for good, but I keep going back. I just got my pixel I bought on Swappa today and I am already thinking that the resolution doesn't compare and no Samsung Pay. However, I cant stand waiting for updates, God knows when Nougat will drop on the VZW S7 and Pixel is simple, but that's part of why I left iPhones. Plain. I still have a week on my return window for the S7, so I may resell the Pixel and see what the S8 is like. Don't know. First world problems. Lol.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to quit Samsung for good, but I keep going back. I just got my pixel I bought on Swappa today and I am already thinking that the resolution doesn't compare and no Samsung Pay. However, I cant stand waiting for updates, God knows when Nougat will drop on the VZW S7 and Pixel is simple, but that's part of why I left iPhones. Plain. I still have a week on my return window for the S7, so I may resell the Pixel and see what the S8 is like. Don't know. First world problems. Lol.

Ugh. I'm right there with ya. I probably won't sleep tonight BC my pixel sold on Swappa tonight. Hahahaha

I keep telling myself it was meant to be. The resolution isn't as good as the S7, it's good but not as good. That we knew though with the regular pixel. I still find the display to be very nice for 1080p, just not as nice as the quad hd on the S7 edge.

Samsung pay, I use it almost everyday. I haven't even tried Android pay on the pixel. Samsung pay is so convenient. The problem is that both phones have polar opposite pros and cons. They are such different phones. The pixel might be a tad boring compared to the S7E but let's not say it's as boring as the iPhone. The user experience on the pixel is what kept making me pop a sim in it. I also love the flat screen as opposed to the curved edges on the 7. I also actually liked the chin on the pixel. The capacitive buttons on the S7 are annoying at times.

Well I'm stuck now with my S7E since my pixel will be shipped out tomorrow. What did you pay for yours on Swappa? They are selling like crazy on there now.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Ugh. I'm right there with ya. I probably won't sleep tonight BC my pixel sold on Swappa tonight. Hahahaha

I keep telling myself it was meant to be. The resolution isn't as good as the S7, it's good but not as good. That we knew though with the regular pixel. I still find the display to be very nice for 1080p, just not as nice as the quad hd on the S7 edge.

Samsung pay, I use it almost everyday. I haven't even tried Android pay on the pixel. Samsung pay is so convenient. The problem is that both phones have polar opposite pros and cons. They are such different phones. The pixel might be a tad boring compared to the S7E but let's not say it's as boring as the iPhone. The user experience on the pixel is what kept making me pop a sim in it. I also love the flat screen as opposed to the curved edges on the 7. I also actually liked the chin on the pixel. The capacitive buttons on the S7 are annoying at times.

Well I'm stuck now with my S7E since my pixel will be shipped out tomorrow. What did you pay for yours on Swappa? They are selling like crazy on there now.

I actually had the thought of listing my Pixel to see if it would sell. I bought it for $669. If I could sell it for more, great. But I'm torn.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Back on the pixel xl again lol. It's a vicious cycle.

Nothing wrong with swapping between phones, if I had the disposable cash I'd probably be swapping between different devices.
I've never got the whole my phones better than your phone thing. No one phone is perfect and they all have strengths and weaknesses. I just fell in love with the look of my S7e when I saw the form so that's what I went with.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Been alternating between S7e, XL, and 7+. Love all of them for different reasons. While the Pixel slightly has the edge over the other two cameras overall, the dual lens if the 7+ has been coming in handy for me taking pictures at work lately. I swap my sim a couple times a day and truly can't decide which device I like best.

Ddust14

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll revisit Sammy when the S8 comes out. Right now the pixel is just cleaner and faster than the S7 edge right now.

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am more concern about three things lately with flagship devices:
-Camera
-SW updates ( sammy is not the best)
-Battery Life 3000

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I use four phones routinely: Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note5, iPhone 7.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that the SD card in the S7 makes a huge difference. I have a 256gb MicroSDXC card inside and it's pretty much filled up with all the music ripped from my physical CD collection, all ripped to lossless format. The card is now about 207gb full. None of my other phone can come even close.

The best part with the MicroSD card is that when I restore the phone, I can just take the card out before starting the restore. Once the phone is back on, I just pop the card back in and I'm in business again. With the Pixel XL, Note5, iPhone 7, I have to copy the music over again, which takes time.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use four phones routinely: Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note5, iPhone 7.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that the SD card in the S7 makes a huge difference. I have a 256gb MicroSDXC card inside and it's pretty much filled up with all the music ripped from my physical CD collection, all ripped to lossless format. The card is now about 207gb full. None of my other phone can come even close.

The best part with the MicroSD card is that when I restore the phone, I can just take the card out before starting the restore. Once the phone is back on, I just pop the card back in and I'm in business again. With the Pixel XL, Note5, iPhone 7, I have to copy the music over again, which takes time.
After a couple of months I think I have come to the realization that the best all around phone is the s7 edge. I actually just sideloaded nougat on my at&t s7 edge and it has given me a whole new appreciation for this phone. I now have everything the pixel has (software wise) which is what was keeping the sim out of the s7 edge.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
After a couple of months I think I have come to the realization that the best all around phone is the s7 edge. I actually just sideloaded nougat on my at&t s7 edge and it has given me a whole new appreciation for this phone. I now have everything the pixel has (software wise) which is what was keeping the sim out of the s7 edge.
I tried to go back to Pixel XL over this weekend and by Sunday morning, SIM was back in my coral blue s7 edge. The only thing Pixel has over s7 edge is Nougat and a bit more smooth. Everything else goes to s7 edge. The unbelievable 5.5 profile and crazy design plus SD card is more than enough to keep pulling me back. Simply a complete package.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried to go back to Pixel XL over this weekend and by Sunday morning, SIM was back in my coral blue s7 edge. The only thing Pixel has over s7 edge is Nougat and a bit more smooth. Everything else goes to s7 edge. The unbelievable 5.5 profile and crazy design plus SD card is more than enough to keep pulling me back. Simply a complete package.
Total agreed, can't agree with you any more. And let me tell you Nougat on the s7 edge is quite impressive. It's game changing!

iCoerce

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
This is a huge reason I'm afraid to give up my S7 for a OnePlus 3, then again I like the freedom that the one plus 3 gives in term of modding.