Any way on buying used if you can tell if its from Verizon or Google store phone?

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Looking at buying used but when you start texting sellers start saying ah ya then its Google store phone.

For those that dont know Google updates come faster then Verizon.

is there something I can have the seller screen print that shows it was bought from Google store?

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
They come faster? Since when? I bought my phone on Verizon and the updates were typically same day released or next thus far.

I just switched to T-Mobile and it immediately provided an update I already had... Except now it's NMF26U. So somehow Google knows when you switch and updates change accordingly.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
How would you know? I have had carrier Nexus phones and in the long run upgrades came a lot later. Some never came, plus the idea behind Google phones is to not have the extra bloatware. Verizon phones have 3 extra apps.

If it works for you then buy Verizon...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How would you know? I have had carrier Nexus phones and in the long run upgrades came a lot later. Some never came, plus the idea behind Google phones is to not have the extra bloatware. Verizon phones have 3 extra apps.

If it works for you then buy Verizon...
The 3 extra apps are installed from the play store. Not with the ROM iirc. That's why some report putting the Verizon sim in and seeing it download.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So if you put in a Tmobile sim those 3 apps will not download? and if they did and can be removed?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on TMO and have a Pixel XL....no bloatware at all when using the TMO sim.

Yeah only Verizon apps install on the Pixel if using Verizon due to their agreement with Google. Unlike normal bloat they can be removed easily (just like you uninstall any other app).

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Another way to tell what model you have when buying used is....Install CID Getter from the play store. It will display what model the phone is. Notice mine says the boot CID is VZW

b2bfcad368e0119cd5209ea78db56684.jpg

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Very cool thank you...we backed out of the deal they didnt have a receipt so didnt want to chance it on warranty work if no receipt so hoping Google Store come back in stock soon for blue!