Pixel XL/Google App problems

Anesthesiologist

May 8, 2017
Visit site
More recently, I've been having an issue with the Google app "breaking." When this happens, the feed doesn't work, search doesn't auto populate results, and "Ok Google" doesn't work.

The only thing that fixes it is force stopping the app, clearing the cache etc.

Insert attempts here_________ I've tried them all. Factory resets, safe mode, blah blah. Nothing works. I'll have a few good days, and then randomly, ONLY the Google app decides not to work.

I've been holding back in switching this out per warranty, but I really don't want someone's refurb due to a a software issue.

Is this normal? Anyone else having this issue? Are we waiting for a fix? Google support through the phone seems like they're reading from the script and they really don't seem to understand what's going on... "sigh." So sad how we pay all of this money for a product, and it's broken out of the box.

My mother has the same phone and she hasn't had any issues at all. No matter what steps I take, when I press the Google Search Icon at the main screen, I see no results, and Ok Google breaks. Nobody is able to give me an answer. :(

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
There was a post on a couple Android news forums that Google Now was having issues just recently and it Das in Google's end. I read it on one of 3 sites and all list it if I find it again. Android Central, Android Authority or Android Police

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress