Why won't my Pixel 1 update to android9 pie?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My pixel has been having some problems (freezing and turning itself off) so I looked through the settings and it tells me that I have an update available. When I try to do this, I get a message "System update available. Couldn't download"
Any help? And is it possible that the same reason I can't download the update is causing the freezing and other problems?

Thanks!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My pixel has been having some problems (freezing and turning itself off) so I looked through the settings and it tells me that I have an update available. When I try to do this, I get a message "System update available. Couldn't download"
Any help? And is it possible that the same reason I can't download the update is causing the freezing and other problems?

Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central

You could try the factory reset as suggested. If that doesn't work you may have a hardware issue. If that's the case I then contact Google support.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Is it freezing up very often or after running certain apps?
The reason I ask is that if it often enough to try running it in safe mode to see if it still freezes. Then at least we know whether or not it's third party app related.

PSDanDie

Aug 9, 2019
Visit site
Did you ever fix this ?? As I ran into this and found out my phone was rooted in the past so had to flash the factory settings on to 100% fix the phone.