Pixelbook wouldn't charge

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just posting in case someone else has this problem.

I noticed that even the the charging indicator was on that my Pixelbook wouldn't charge. It was stuck at 4 % with no indication of charging time.
I did a hard reset which I didn't know existed and that solved the problem.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Oh, OK. I thought you meant a Powerwash. I'm gonna have to learn the hard reset steps. That might come me in handy. Off to Google for a search. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it was a glitch in the battery sensor software, rather than a problem actually charging the battery, don't you think?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing it was a glitch in the battery sensor software, rather than a problem actually charging the battery, don't you think?

Well it wouldn't charge is the bottom line. It would try to calculate remaining time and then the message would go away. It would stay at 4 % no matter how long it was plugged in. As soon I reset it started charging and went to 5% almost instantly. The only thing I can think of is that I was charging if off a juice pack the day before and it didn't like it because the juice pack doesn't have as much output. The juice pack was charging it while using it but a little on the slow side. Could be coincidence but maybe that screwed with the Pixebook's charging logic.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So was the 4% real? In other words, if you unplugged it and kept using it, would it drain starting from 4%, and then shut off when it got to zero within a few minutes? Or could it just stay at 4% for a few hours while you were using it while unplugged?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So was the 4% real? In other words, if you unplugged it and kept using it, would it drain starting from 4%, and then shut off when it got to zero within a few minutes? Or could it just stay at 4% for a few hours while you were using it while unplugged?

It was real ...if I unplugged it, it would die. Once I did the hard reset it charged normally.