Importing Galaxy Nexus

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
No, it won't come with a SIM card, you will have to get one from an AT&T store. I don't know what they cost but if you're a smooth talking you may be able to convince them to give it to you for free.

Unfortunately, no the Galaxy Nexus DOES NOT have an SD card slot. The phone should have the same apps as an AT&T version would have if we ever got one, but there currently is no US version. Yes, Android Market will work.

Thanks for the reply. That's weird it doesn't have an SD slot like other samsung phone. Now I'm leaning towards the SGS2 Skyrocket. 16GB won't last me long to be honest I think. I've been reading up on Android. Google's music sounds like I can get my itunes music to the cloud and just stream or download it to the Nexus. Someone mentioned that they are both free up to 20,000 songs?

Now I need to figure out which phone is better the SGS2 or Galaxy Nexus. I know the Nexus has ICS but the SGS2 SkyRocket should be it Q1 2012.

Thought?

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. That's weird it doesn't have an SD slot like other samsung phone. Now I'm leaning towards the SGS2 Skyrocket. 16GB won't last me long to be honest I think. I've been reading up on Android. Google's music sounds like I can get my itunes music to the cloud and just stream or download it to the Nexus. Someone mentioned that they are both free up to 20,000 songs?

Now I need to figure out which phone is better the SGS2 or Galaxy Nexus. I know the Nexus has ICS but the SGS2 SkyRocket should be it Q1 2012.

Thought?

For me, between the Galaxy Nexus and the SGS2 Skyrocket would depend on if you live in an LTE area or will in the near future (I called and asked and they told me that we probably won't see LTE until late 2013 where I live...we just got 3G around last Thanksgiving and we are schedule to get the fake 4G HSPA+ in the next few months). If you don't have LTE now or won't have it soon then I would go for the Nexus between those two.

Now, the original SGS2 is another story. Both the processor and GPU in the original SGS2 are better than the ones in the Nexus, but supposedly ICS is optimized for that hardware so the SGS2 might not actually run any better despite the superior hardware. But, in my opinion the SGS2 is the best phone AT&T has right now and its even pretty cheap (Sams Club will have it for 96 cents on Black Friday with upgrade). Considering that AT&T hasn't even announced that they are ever getting the Nexus let alone anytime soon I would probably go ahead and get the SGS2.

I am not eligible to upgrade until December 1st, and unless we have an AT&T release date for the Galaxy Nexus by then I plan to get the original SGS2.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
For me, between the Galaxy Nexus and the SGS2 Skyrocket would depend on if you live in an LTE area or will in the near future (I called and asked and they told me that we probably won't see LTE until late 2013 where I live...we just got 3G around last Thanksgiving and we are schedule to get the fake 4G HSPA+ in the next few months). If you don't have LTE now or won't have it soon then I would go for the Nexus between those two.

Now, the original SGS2 is another story. Both the processor and GPU in the original SGS2 are better than the ones in the Nexus, but supposedly ICS is optimized for that hardware so the SGS2 might not actually run any better despite the superior hardware. But, in my opinion the SGS2 is the best phone AT&T has right now and its even pretty cheap (Sams Club will have it for 96 cents on Black Friday with upgrade). Considering that AT&T hasn't even announced that they are ever getting the Nexus let alone anytime soon I would probably go ahead and get the SGS2.

I am not eligible to upgrade until December 1st, and unless we have an AT&T release date for the Galaxy Nexus by then I plan to get the original SGS2.

Good Points. I like how the Nexus has the panoramic mode on the camera, the notification LEDs, no physical buttons and other features that just make the phone smooth. I could get the SGS2 for free bc I will sell my iPhone 4S and the Nexus would cost 150 from that site. Also, the nexus would have ICS right away. My biggest fear is, getting the phone and something happens to it and not being covered because it's technnically not even on AT&Ts network choice of phones.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Good Points. I like how the Nexus has the panoramic mode on the camera, the notification LEDs, no physical buttons and other features that just make the phone smooth. I could get the SGS2 for free bc I will sell my iPhone 4S and the Nexus would cost 150 from that site. Also, the nexus would have ICS right away. My biggest fear is, getting the phone and something happens to it and not being covered because it's technnically not even on AT&Ts network choice of phones.

I am not positive on this, but I am pretty sure it should still come with a standard warranty just the the SGS2 would if you bought one here from AT&T.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Will this phone come with a UK power adapter or one that works in the US?

That, I do not know. However, I am pretty sure it just uses a standard micro USB so you could just get a cheap power adapter off eBay or Amazon that should work fine.

Savetherocks

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. You'll be able to charge it by either hooking it up to your computer/other USB outlet or using a USB to AC adapter, which you can find anywhere.

grimshad

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation - just switched to ATT from Sprint and picked up a iphone 4s since it's the phone with the greatest profitability when sold on the open market. I really wanted a Galaxy Nexus and ATT seems like the only way to go since all the 4G/LTE options aren't in my area but I can consistently get 6Mbps+ downloads on ATT's HSPA+ service, so I went for them. Kinda ticks me off too since I switched from an unlimited plan and today found out that VZ will be getting 4GB plans for $30/month, so ATT really is the ripoff right now. But I digress...

I pre-ordered an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Expansys-Usa (First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA). Not the cheapest I could find, but they have what seems to be a very good return policy (no restock fee as long as it's in like-new condition) and they got many excellent reviews (4.8 out of 5 from 230+ reviewers) on Google product search. They seem pretty legit. If not, there's always my credit card company to protect me. :)

Dunno if this help since you're more interested in less expensive than fast.

I have unlimited data on verizon for $30/m because I'm grandfathered in. However, I wouldn't really care if my data dropped to 2G or 4G. The reason I think ATT is ripping everyone off is because they call their network 4G when the max speed on their 4G is like 6mbps, I constantly get 25mbps or more on verizons 4G.

I am trying to decide right now if I should import the Nexus Prime and use it on t-mobile with their $50 a month unlimited everything plan. Right now I am paying $300 a month for unlimited everything, it's extremely expensive and I need to cut costs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress