jumping ship

theholycow

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Im just going to get the galaxy sII skyrocket.
Why?
Much better camera
Going to get ICS anyways
Great battery
LTE
Gorilla glass
Great performance
its released
super amoled+
better front facing camera

I mean, I'll get it if it arrives before january, but honestly by the time ATT will get it, its probably going to be completely antiquated.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Why?
Much better camera
Going to get ICS anyways
Great battery
LTE
Gorilla glass
Great performance
its released
super amoled+

I mean, I'll get it if it arrives before January, but honestly by the time ATT will get it, its probably going to be completely antiquated.

Not that I disagree with your decision but the Galaxy Nexus released on AT&T before January 2012? Highly unlikely. They might announce at CES but it will be months. Oh and add 3 months to whatever they say about getting ICS to the SR. Are those captivate owners still waiting on 2.3? Hate to be so cynical but I am been down this road with Samsung before.

theholycow

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
With the galaxy nexus part thats what Im saying... its gonna be outdated by the time ATT gets it

and google did say "early next year" and the software is pretty similar to the gsII so i dont think it would be that much of a delay

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
With the galaxy nexus part thats what Im saying... its gonna be outdated by the time ATT gets it

and google did say "early next year" and the software is pretty similar to the gsII so i dont think it would be that much of a delay

I like my SR as is, so when ICS comes it will be great! If the GNex had the 32GB GSM model I might jump on it, not paying off contract for 16GB. Also do not know if I could give up LTE at this point.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

i'm on ATT. i agree with this, but i also believe it won't be a $300 phone at that point since there will be superior phones either present or right behind it if this even gets introduced to ATT's lineup w/in the next 6 months.

i'm not a fan of ATT so much, but i really really distrust VZW. i had a billing problem with them in the 90's and i've got some serious cold feet about resigning a contract with them.

at this point, i am inclined to wait and see. meanwhile, me and my 3GS iphone are still kinda friends... but just barely.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
After having the phone for a week, can't imagine having any other phone. Even messing with the other phones coming out now with att, this phone is simply stunning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why?
Much better camera
Going to get ICS anyways
Great battery
LTE
Gorilla glass
Great performance
its released
super amoled+

I mean, I'll get it if it arrives before january, but honestly by the time ATT will get it, its probably going to be completely antiquated.

It would be great if AT&T had a LTE Nexus all fired up ready to go. But am with ya, couldn't go back to use something w/o LTE.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Skyrocket will get ICS the same way my Infuse has got Gingerbread...........Oh wait...........it didn't...........

Tell me about it >.>....... I watched the hands on video from techno buffalo and i had a crisis right off the bat. I'm willing to wait for it unless some so amazing came out that causes me to have a crisis the likes that has never been seen ever before. Besides im up for a new phone in February and i cant take my self to go ios even if the iphone 5 were to unlikely be released. I tried ics on a nexus s and i like it but the s reminds of something that brought me joy from changing from BB to android. My infuse and thats what makes me sad that basically at&t and samsung are saying sorry our support will be well none existant because you bought the wrong phone.

datboicastro

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention when and if it is updated and will have touchwiz and bloat. There's nothing like stock vanilla android

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress