Google Talk not working on wifi

Jamma3

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm new to android and have an issue with Google talk on my Bell Galaxy Nexus...if I'm on WiFi it goes offline and if I turn off WiFi it works.
Is there anyone else having this issue or is there a fix for this?:'(
I did search Google and this forum and saw some issue but not related to the Galaxy Nexus 4.0

Help!

mightyfo

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
No sorry haven't had that problem. I am using it on T-Mobile US and predominantly using WIFI at home because of some network problem I am not getting 4G speeds. So to answer your question, I have not had this problem I have been using Gchat normally over WIFI.

Sorry this doesn't help you. If all else fails, reboot, reset or return and get a new one.

Jamma3

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
OK it works at home on WiFi but not at work...had some other folks at work check and they had the same issue. Seems my work is blocking Google talk over WiFi.
All is good...phone is excellent!!!:)

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a recurring error "google talk failed authentication" for one of the two accounts I have set up. It is my work Google Apps account that all we use it for is calendar. I wouldn't care, but it keeps coming up in notifications and it's annoying.