wifi stops working and requires a reboot

dealy663

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Gnex since the day it became available and have been pretty happy with it. However 3 or 4 days ago I noticed that it was no longer connecting to my wifi at home. The first night I kept trying to turn on the wifi but it wouldn't connect. So I restarted the phone and everything as fine. Two nights ago the same thing, yesterday the same thing, so I rebooted once again.

Today when I got home from work, once again the wifi wasn't working. Looking at battery usage in settings I can see that the wifi was on and off all day till around 4pm then It never woke up again. So now I'm starting to get irritated with my cool phone that is supposed to do everything for me.

I'm running Juice Defender Ultimate trying to get better battery life. I've also installed the Samsung extended battery about 2 weeks ago. Disabling Juice Defender didn't seem to help. Right now as I'm continuing to figure out what's wrong with my phone I see that I cannot access the wifi settings via the settings app. When I click on wifi the settings app just goes to a black screen and sits there doing nothing. Eventually I get a message saying the settings app has crashed or something like that.

So now I'm about to reboot my phone for the 3rd night in a row. Does anyone know what's going wrong with the phone, and how can I fix it?

Derek

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a backup you can restore? It sounds like something got corrupted. Maybe a factory reset would fix it (as harsh as it sounds). If the factory reset doesn't fix it, then it's hardware related and would have to be returned\repaired.

Maybe Juice Defender or another recent app install messed with your wifi...and uninstalling them could help. I know I had similar issues with my last phone, and it ended up being a hardware issue.