4.1.2 Root Issues

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So basically I received my Galaxy Nexus from someone on eBay a few days ago and it was on 4.1.2 and had SuperSU installed on it but it wasn't rooted so I'm assuming that the person before it killed the root by updating from 4.1.1..anyway, I've tried to re-root it again today using the Galaxy Nexus toolkit (which officially only supports 4.1.1 but you just go ahead and select that option to root 4.1.2) anyway, the whole process goes ahead, it tells me the root has been completed but no root apps work and the SuperSU app won't open, it just force closes itself :-/ anyone know what the issue may be?

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had problems with the WugFresh toolkit before too, right around new version releases. I'm sure that's the problem.

Download this file...
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...b3CX-kpSQ&sig2=2cIxiHvKACcVa7n8EFDnBQ&cad=rja

Don't upzip it. Move that file straight from your computer to (somewhere) on your phone.
Boot phone into recovery mode. (Hold volume up/down simultaneously then hold power button)
Use volume up/down to scroll and power button to select.
Scroll to "recovery mode" and select it.
Now "Install from internal SD"
scroll to wherever you saved that .zip file
Select it. Should be done in about 15 seconds.
Reboot.
Now it's rooted with CWM installed.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh is it as simple as that?! I thought it would have been more complex than that. Thanks for the steps :D will try to do it shortly. Does it format your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmm seem to be having issues, I copied the file to my phone as you said but I couldn't get into recovery mode, I just got an android lying down with a red triangle when I selected recovery mode..any idea why?

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Managed to sort it now :) just used the new version of the nexus toolkit to do the same thing as suggested above

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa