I've got the Honor 5X - you have questions - fire away!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
honor-5x.jpg

As a type this the brand new Honor 5X is in my possession - and I'm pumped to give it a spin.

Will be busy getting is setup the way I like shortly - so if you have any questions or concerns about the device, fire away right here and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Off the hop - have to say - for a $200 phone the 5X feels really solid. Off to a good start.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I like it but the small screen and 720p only is not desired features that interested me. But like the design... Looks premium.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I like it but the small screen and 720p only is not desired features that interested me. But like the design... Looks premium.

For a 720p screen it's not bad at all. My other Android phone atm is the Oneplus Two - and honestly I don't notice much difference side by side.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you can tell from the shot below, but it has three card slots: nano-SIM, micro-SIM, and microSD.

Took the picture below while the phone still had the plastic on the back :)

honor-5x-back.jpg

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant to ask about the fingerprint scanner.

So far the fingerprint scanner is working really well. Placement of the scanner is good - and has always recognized my fingerprint quickly.

I do prefer the scanner on the back (Honor 5X, 6P) compared to the front (OnePlus Two, GS6, etc). Easier and quicker to grab and unlock the device - in most cases is unlocked and ready before I even hold the phone up to view it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38