Honor 5x stuck at the verification process

CrystalAir_R5

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I was updating my Honor 5x to emui 4.0 and all was good until it reached 100%. A box popped up saying that it is verifying and it has been like that for hours. What should I do? Do I just keep it open overnight? I also keep opening other apps like Twitter and then opening it again, does that make it start over?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it actually on the homescreen, with the verification box overlying it?

HonorUSA_Noah

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
We recommend you perform a "master reset", but make sure you back up your device first. Here are the steps you can take to master reset.

Again, back up important data on your phone before restoring factory settings.

Restoring factory settings will erase all personal data from your phone, including fingerprints, account information, downloaded applications, and application settings.

- Open [click to enlarge] Settings.
- Touch Advanced settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- Choose whether to format your internal storage, and then touch Reset phone.

Selecting Erase internal storage will delete all files on your internal storage, such as music and images. Proceed with caution.
Touch Reset phone to restore your phone to its factory settings. Your phone will restart automatically when the process is complete.
You can also hold the power button and volume button for 30 seconds until the device resets, then follow the prompts to activate the device. (NS)