Thinking of making the switch, worth it?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Not really, max speed you get is H+ on TMO on Xiaomi and Meizu devices. Huawei is a bit different. All the other devices like Elephone etc also get H/H+ and no LTE. Some have Play store installed and others require a bit of monkey business before you can get Google services working without any glitches.

You're a trooper to go down that road. I see a lot of cool phones, but no Band 12 is no deal for me. In my area, especially where I work, it makes the difference between Edge and LTE for me, just better coverage.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not really, max speed you get is H+ on TMO on Xiaomi and Meizu devices. Huawei is a bit different. All the other devices like Elephone etc also get H/H+ and no LTE. Some have Play store installed and others require a bit of monkey business before you can get Google services working without any glitches.

Yeah no lte would be a deal breaker for me.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
You're a trooper to go down that road. I see a lot of cool phones, but no Band 12 is no deal for me. In my area, especially where I work, it makes the difference between Edge and LTE for me, just better coverage.
Thanks, I love tinkering with devices especially if the price is right!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Planning on picking up a Moto z droid for around $115 after promotions to play with. My choices are more limited since I have Verizon

Took me a little bit of digging around but on Friday night I fixed a bricked Umi Super phone :) Working fine now...