I have the Honor 8 - you have questions - ask away!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Is the rear physical button pretty sturdy and strong?

Phone is too new to say with any long term confidence.
It feels good to me it has good mechanical action in my opinion.
I'll say it's most likely dependable mainly because it won't be pressed hundreds of times under regular use.

Alan Kaf

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
One of the criticisms in reviews of the phone was when placing the screen brightness in manual mode, the adjustment slider could really dial in brightness at low brightness setting. At the higher end of the brightness adjustment range, however, it was difficult to set. It was all "bunched up" at the right end of the slider...going from a lower mid-level setting to full brightness very quickly.

I went to BB today to check it out for myself, & indeed there is a problem. Have Huawei fixed this with an update?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Have Huawei fixed this with an update?

Not yet.
The phone I have does the same thing.
I keep it off of auto brightness at around 50%.

Had this same problem on my LG G4 and never did see a fix for that phone.
I'm betting honor/Huawei will address this if possible.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This is something Ive never experienced (or heard of) . Before and after the security patch update.

Auto brightness always sets darker than I would like. But manual adjustments are smooth and gradual from dark to bright... on my end. Just tested this again... Seems fine.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had the auto brightness knock things down to a very low level, but it has always seemed appropriate. Much like you Botanical, seems OK to me.

alexious

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi James.

Tnx for offering your help.
I have Honor 8 myself also (model is FRD-AL00) and I wonder if you experience the same issues.

1. I've added Google account. Mails work perfectly. However, contacts are not there. At all. Nowhere. The account sync settings doesn't show the option to sync contacts.

2. Does your phone speaks too much Chinese as well? See the screen-shots attached.

Thank you,
Alex

Screenshot_2016-10-12-09-33-16.jpg
Screenshot_2016-10-12-23-29-31.jpg
Screenshot_2016-10-12-23-29-58.jpg
Screenshot_2016-10-12-17-52-14.jpg
Screenshot_2016-10-12-23-29-50.jpg
Screenshot_2016-10-13-19-18-55.jpg

alexious

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Did you go to Settings->Apps and then edit the Permissions for both Email and Gmail apps to include contacts?

I didn't. However the correct settings are there. I don't have Gmail app, though. Inbox app is there instead, I guess.
I think the source of the problem is that I don't have the option to sync contacts in my Google account settings. At all.

Screenshot_2016-10-16-09-27-13.jpg
Screenshot_2016-10-16-09-27-34.jpg
IMG_20161016_211904.jpg

Last edited:

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
@alexious hmm I think I see the issue. It's strange that you don't have the option.

I am not sure here, all I can think of is possibly adding the account again and choose manual setup as an option and making sure that you have the option on setup.

Wait, so the Gmail app is not in your list of apps at all?

Also your last shot has your email. Can you edit that?

alexious

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure here, all I can think of is possibly adding the account again and choose manual setup as an option and making sure that you have the option on setup.

Wait, so the Gmail app is not in your list of apps at all?

Also your last shot has your email. Can you edit that?

Manually adding the gmail doesn't change anything. Still no contacts showing up.

Correct, Gmail app is not in my app list at all.

I don't understand your last remark about the shot having the email. Can you rephrase that? If I can edit what?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Manually adding the gmail doesn't change anything. Still no contacts showing up.

Correct, Gmail app is not in my app list at all.

I don't understand your last remark about the shot having the email. Can you rephrase that? If I can edit what?
Your last screenshot has your account email visible. Can you edit the shot and repost it? You don't have to repost it, but you can choose to remove that screenshot altogether for safety reasons.

I'm sorry, I don't mean your Gmail, I meant your general Google account. That is really odd that it still doesn't work. :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo